Looking for bike lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Den09

I'm looking to purchase some rear bike lights and found Nightprovision brand. Anybody have any idea if it's a good brand at all? They seem to have some good reviews, but maybe somebody can give me an opinion, thanks!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
How to decide if a bike light is any good:
1. Does it comply with the German StVZO rules, have a K~ number stamped on it and is it rated at 30 lux or better? If not, reject it and consider another.
2. If you got this far, it's OK.

oldstrath

Über Member
How to decide if a bike light is any good:
1. Does it comply with the German StVZO rules, have a K~ number stamped on it and is it rated at 30 lux or better? If not, reject it and consider another.
2. If you got this far, it's OK.
30 lux might be a bit extreme for a rear light! Night time rural roads the Sigma Stereo and Spanning a Solo or Ellips are reasonable. I don't really do any city riding, so no useful idea for that setting.

+1 for the phaart bleep from planetx. Recommend fitting 2 rear lights, I like one on steady and one flashing..
don't suppose it will slot into cateye brackets?

I tend to standardise on catetye.

don't suppose it will slot into cateye brackets?

I tend to standardise on catetye.

I don't know, probably not, but they come with a bracket and are usually only £2-3. I think they fit into the smart rear light brackets, but I don't use cateye. . I bought a couple on a whim in a sale once when I was ordering a range or cheap gloves, they are now the only ones I use and recommend them to anyone. I found the smart ones were great (the phaart bleep is better and cheaper, very like the one from wilkinsons, but again cheaper)but used to let the wet in, so I would wrap a little electrical tape around the seam to stop this, not sure if these suffer the same, but think all lights like this do to a degree, so I'd recommend doing that anyway whichever you get.

Top Bottom