Looking for help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joby121

Regular
First thing to say is hello and I hope everyone is staying safe and sane!

My name is Bernard and I’m the son in law of a cycling fanatic and inspirational man called Edward “Super Ted”Redmond. Unfortunately Ted lost his battle against liver cancer last November and I would like to use this forum to remember him and show some of his pictures. If admin agree it I should appropriate I would also like to ask advice regarding Teds bikes and how to best ensure they are sold on to best support my mother in law who requires on going support of her own.

Ted travelled the world cycling and had lots of stories and took a lot of pics, I hope I can do him justice and pass a few on.

Thank you for looking in,

Bernard

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello Bernard and:welcome: to the forum. Sorry about your father in law, sounds like he was a very keen cyclist.

If you want help valuing his bikes you could post some pics on here or alternatively look to see what similar models are fetching on eBay. After a bit of time on here you could advertise them in the classifieds section.

OP
OP
J

joby121

Regular
Many thanks for yo
Hello Bernard and:welcome: to the forum. Sorry about your father in law, sounds like he was a very keen cyclist.

If you want help valuing his bikes you could post some pics on here or alternatively look to see what similar models are fetching on eBay. After a bit of time on here you could advertise them in the classifieds section.
Many thanks for your kinds words. To say he was a fanatic was an understatement. He was well in into his 80s when he passed. He has a few frames put to one side, he also has a Vitus Seven and an Alios set ups plus a Prorace Viper. I have no idea what Kit is on there but pics are available.
Bernard

OP
OP
J

joby121

Regular
Many thanks for for the comments regarding my father in law. We still have his bikes, frames and associated kit that we’d like to sell for the benefit of is wife. He has a Vitus Seven, Vitus Alios, Prorace Viper plus other frames. Can anyone advise if I can put them on the for sale pages here, Ted would want them to go to cycle people. Pics available. We would only want to sell to some collecting/viewing in person when appropriate. Hope you can help

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What a lovely gesture. If you don’t know where his cycling photos were taken I’m sure someone will recognise the scenery. We do have a name that road section here 😀

Sure you’ll be able to put up bikes in for sale section. Hopefully someone can advise what a realistic price is, once some pictures and details are are up. Understand you won’t know all the details of the bikes.

OP
OP
J

joby121

Regular
Not 100% sure on the area but as he lived in Cheshire and was a Manchester Velo member so I’d say it wasn’t far from home from the background scenery. He rode all over the world taking advantage of the invites from friends he made through his many years service with British Airways.
I will try and put some pics up in the hope that someone can advise us.

Top Bottom