looking for hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goon

Hi all,new to the forum and got a question for ya. Iam looking for a disc braked hybrid that hasnt got the old 28/38/48 chainring. My roadbike has 52/40 and 12-24 rear gears so I am looking for something closer to this,I never use the 28 ring on my Dawes anyway.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Hi all,new to the forum and got a question for ya. Iam looking for a disc braked hybrid that hasnt got the old 28/38/48 chainring. My roadbike has 52/40 and 12-24 rear gears so I am looking for something closer to this,I never use the 28 ring on my Dawes anyway.
Boardman. All compact doubles. The Ltd Pro has a 11-28 with Sram Rival , all the rest have 11-32 with Sram X series. Front is 50/36.

If you're after a higher geared hybrid check out the flat bar road bikes. My Sirrus has a 52/42/30 chain ring and IMO its a perfect set up but unfortunately its got vees not discs. IIRC the boardman's have got discs but I can't remember what gearing they've got, scrub that I see Cubist has mentioned that above.

rajthakur090

I think you should check this "Bianchi Camaleonte 2 (Disc)"...Got some good reviews about it...for some more Hybrid bikes you can even check this Facebook Fanpage called "trackandtrail http://www.trackandtrail.in/hybrid-bikes-Bianchi-Camaleonte-I-1.asp" !

OP
OP
G

goon

decided to upgrade my Dawes hybrid,ordered 52/42/30 chainring to start off with then see where I need to go at the rear. Will probably strip the bike this winter and respray it too.

decided to upgrade my Dawes hybrid,ordered 52/42/30 chainring to start off with then see where I need to go at the rear. Will probably strip the bike this winter and respray it too.

Good Luck, I've got that size of chain ring on the sirrus and really like it, its less of a jump between gears than a double or a compact. In summary although I'm in the 52 80% of the time I can jump down comfortably to the 42 and still stay in the pact, whereas the drop to 38 on my 52/38 double is too much. I think I've only used the granny (30) a couple of times but its there when you meet a 21%. Just my 2p :smile:

Top Bottom