Looking for peeple wot do english better than myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markemark

Über Member
I am helping my school PTA set up a website for services in the runup to the end of a school year. What the parents get depends on how close to the end of year we get the information as an incentive to send it in early. I am looking for 3 names for these services to stop it being too dry but still make sense:

eg Early, Standard, Late.

'Late' is the wrong term really as it's not too late, just closer to the end of year. I am thinking 'Early Bird' but then I can't think of anything else. Happy kudos for any good suggestions.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Eye wood lyke to help. But eye sppeek english like eye waz tort as a childreN.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I think you should shift it left and introduce a 'A Star' category for super prompt, have the middle one as 'Good' and the third as 'Basic/Standard/Acceptable'.

For cat show entry fees, it's sometimes called early bird and tardy turtle for the ones at either end... :blush:

I think I understand what you mean....

I'm assuming the objective is to get responses in as soon as possible and that there are no logistical reasons for parents to have to wait for something before responding?

Perhaps a simple paragraph explaining that this is being run by volunteers (I assume so) and asking for co-operation might be enough?

Early Bird
Big Bird
Dodo

From sports....
Gold Star/Medal
Silver
Bronze

Record Breaker
Qualifier/Contender
Slow coach

Or
Helpful Parent
Stressed / Busy Parent
Stressful parent ;)

School grades
A+
C (or whatever constitutes a pass grade)
F

Smilies
^_^
:sad:
:angry:

The problem with using humour though is that not everyone gets it.

Top Bottom