Looking for some advice with a £1,500 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought that too but it says on the website the open the online shop every night at 11pm for orders?
I know I know the brakes! I figure this one has a good groupset at the expense of worse brakes? Aw man, so many decisions! :laugh:
They can only sell the bikes if they have them to sell, out of stock suggests they don't to me!

OP
OP
J

jjc89

Über Member
I think we may have a winner! I actually quite like the black and yellow! Also looks like its available now which is a huge plus.

plastic_cyclist

I spoke to the guys at Dolan yesterday, and they are launching a new range of the L'Etape, they are really good on the phone and give you all kinds of assistance....this is the service you want and you then don't mind spending your hard earned.

I spoke to the guys at Dolan yesterday, and they are launching a new range of the L'Etape, they are really good on the phone and give you all kinds of assistance....this is the service you want and you then don't mind spending your hard earned.
L'Etape is a great bike for the money and looks really good. I would go for their better wheel option, money well spent :okay:

I thought you wanted the Dr 1 ?

I spoke to dolan last year when I was looking for a winter bike - they told me they had no rdx left as they were launching an updated version of the rdx - looking on the website a few days days back the rdx looks the same now as it did then....

I might be majorly jumping the gun here but isn't an updated version of the etape going to have a disc option ? - ergo won't it be very similar to the DR1 ?

DR1 looks a fine bike - some much so I was tempted to buy a frame only and stick my winter stuff on it - only problem/compromise is I would be back to strap on mudguards.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
A friend was thinking of a new road racing bike on the C2W scheme. ZOMG you don't get a lot for £1,500 these days. Something with a carbon frame and a 105 groupset, which gets you into a vaguely future-proof ecosystem, starts around that price. To get Di2 you need over £2,500. And there's stuff I'd change immediately, like compact chainsets and 30T cassettes. It's a racing bike, not a tourer!

Top Bottom