Looks Like I struck A Nerve Or Two.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
Saw this headline in the Mail Online and thought I'd make a comment.

London's empty Covid bike lanes: Timelapse video filmed over one hour shows barely any cyclists using route in west London's Chiswick as traffic snarls up and drivers are left furious.

1621100066242.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll never understand why they turned you down for that job in the Foreign Office.

The vast majority of "traffic snarling up" is in the lane going left to right. What's the betting that there is a set of traffic lights just off camera to the right, and what we are actually seeing is vehicles stopping for the traffic lights - something that would happen with or without a bike lane?

AndyRM

XOXO
Cyclists can be fat and unfit too you know.

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
An observation: fat-shaming and wheelchair-user shaming commentary does zero to promote cycling.
Correct. I don't know what I was thinking?

I wasn't trying to promote cycling though.

Trying to promote cycling in the Mail Online comments section would be like advertising Foie Gras in Vegan Weekly.

I'm not about to do either.

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
I put on a comment about how the cycle lane not being responsible, but lazy people in cars with 4 emplty seats driving 2 mile journeys, and near empty buses were what was clogging up the road.
Yeah. Because your two foot wide 14kg commuter bike is somehow more obtrusive on the road than a half tonne SUV on the way to the shops 500 yards away to buy a Kit-Kat.

Top Bottom