Looks like I'm building myself a fixie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GarryG

Just managed to bag myself an amazing bargain on a pair of Quella fixie wheels.

So my fixie journey begins, think they'll go in a Raleigh race 16 frame to start, then if I like it I'll get something a bit more retro.

Here they are, never been used as the previous owner replaced them with lighter ones on his quella as soon as he got it...
20160116_203200.jpg

OP
OP
GarryG

GarryG

Here it is so far

1453140557846.jpg

Still needs a chainset, tensioner and maybe these bars in white with grips to match the saddle...

Total cost so far:
Bike - £20
Wheels £15

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HBOOMU/on-one-mungo-handlebar

Last edited:
OP
OP
GarryG

GarryG

I've had to abandon this project unfortunately as I already knew the chainset that was on was bent, but it turned out the frame was also damaged.

To keep the wheels or to sell them is now the question.

bikemagpie

Regular
If you want to sell those wheels I would be interested, I'm starting to convert an '86 Falcon Kelloggs Cup Winner 10 speed into a sleek fixie, I want a flip flop hub though, do you know if those wheels will take one? This is my first build.

apb

Veteran
i wouldn't recommend building a fixie with a chain tensioner, you may have to settle for a single speed.

looks good though

Aww, I was reading along there with interest and then it all had to stop, sorry to hear that. @bikemagpie is first or course, but if not then I am interested in the wheels. Does the front one have the decal as well?

Top Bottom