Lorry hit & run, Harrogate - Police seek witnesses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
From North Yorkshire Police:

Police are appealing for witnesses after a cyclist was seriously injured in a road traffic collision in Harrogate.
The cyclist, a 58-year-old local man, sustained serious head injuries when he was hit by a black and red Volvo lorry on Otley Road, between Arthurs Avenue and West End Avenue, at around 6.05pm on Thursday 8 January 2015.
He was taken to Harrogate District Hospital for treatment, where he remains in a critical condition.
The lorry did not stop at the scene of the incident. However, officers traced the vehicle to an address in Knaresborough and arrested a 73-year-old man on suspicion of failing to stop after a road accident.
Following questioning he has been released on police bail to allow for further enquiries to be completed.
GC

Julia9054

Guru
I hope he's ok.
I work on Arthur's Avenue and was cycling home on this road about 30 mins before.

Tommy2

Über Member
That must have been less than ten minutes after I went over the Prince of Wales RaB on my way home, my friend mentioned they wouldn't even let him run up otley road.

There was apparently someone run over this morning on Leeds Road A61 at the top of Almsford bank. Traffic was backed up to the co-op when I came passed and there were 4 police cars and an ambulance at the scene, a silver Mazda MX5 was parked at an odd angle on the pavement.
I ran to work this morning because it was quite windy, don't know any details yet so could be a cyclist as cars do pull out of the junction over the road like idiots and I've have a few numpties do it to me before.
worryingly though there is a bus stop near there where a school bus picks up so hopefully not a child involved.

Top Bottom