Losing my edge...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

On the chainy on thurs. eve.

25mph pretty much from start...

..got a 1/3rd of the way round & had to take a deviation and met them for the last half as I couldnt have done the false-flat that came after I let them go!

The crazy thing is:

I'm worried.

Its halfway thru. the top of the season and I'm riding like I'm in march...

It was: 60kms - 2hr.05min.. in all...

AND the left knee started hurting @ the end...

Got to change the way I sort myself for these...

25mph from the start? :eek:

If July is the new March, think how good you're going to be in October...;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Sorry to hear that Yenners.

I had a moment like that this week - saw a bloke on a very nice Spesh on my ride home, and prepared to at least keep up (if not overtake) but just didn't have it in the legs.

Noodley

Sorry to hear that yenners. I've been having a hard time with long distances recently (I am no longer fast :eek:) so have decided to concentrate on shorter rides for a wee while, and ride for enjoyment rather than as a challenge. Then do a longer ride "just because" when I feel like it.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

John the Monkey said:
Sorry to hear that Yenners.

I had a moment like that this week - saw a bloke on a very nice Spesh on my ride home, and prepared to at least keep up (if not overtake) but just didn't have it in the legs.

John, yuh know what I'm convinced its the bike - it doesn't fit exactly its like I imagine a sportive bike to be, the headtubes just too dam long/high.

So am on the look-out for a lower head-tubed frame.

Am believe me I will get it - I'll never buy another Raleigh again

Noodley said:
Sorry to hear that yenners. I've been having a hard time with long distances recently (I am no longer fast :eek:) so have decided to concentrate on shorter rides for a wee while, and ride for enjoyment rather than as a challenge. Then do a longer ride "just because" when I feel like it.

I was thinking of taking my fight (for fitness) to myself and ride my own 2 hours (as these rides so often are): we may see how that goes...

Thanks for the ear guys!

You know when somethings on your mind and you feel it deep but aint mentioned it to anyone who'd be interested...good to be around people who 'listen' and you can get it off your chest in the correct environment!

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Noodley said:
"It's not about the bike" yenners.....blaming tools and all that.

Noods - Ive always rode a bike with a small/short head-tube but this is 17cms long :eek:

Noodley

yenrod said:
Noods - Ive always rode a bike with a small/short head-tube but this is 17cms long :thumbsup:

But Nicole rides Raleigh...

Anyway, what about doing a few spin classes? I have strated going along to a few of them and kicking ass with the "gym fit" brigade :eek::biggrin: It sure improves the "feel good factor" to see them shaking their heads when I run out of gears on the "climbs" and when I spin at twice their speed on the "spints".

I have also just started running again, which I am enjoying (did I just say I enjoyed running! :o). It was a bit sore to start with but I am now finding it ok - I have now started to carry weights as well (I live in the country and nobody will see me! ;)).

Hopefully this change from just riding mile after mile, hour after hour for 200km or 300km (I have not ridden a 400km or 600k this year) will help...

Keith Oates

Janner
Even the pro's have bad days so a set back during one chainy is not necessarily bad or uncommon. Of course nobody likes it and it's good to discuss but with some rest (by that I mean less strenuous rides) all could come back together again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
We all have off days Yenners and its easy to overtrain 25mph out of the traps is strong. So take a couple of days off the bike feet up relax watch the Tour eat some good food and you will be ready to be back at it.

Top Bottom