Losing my mojo......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am.

Always happens at some point, it's always been part of my pattern of exercise, I'm a boom and bust kind of exerciser.

Anyway, I don't really want to stop because I've reached a reasonable fitness base and because as you get older it gets harder to start again, well mentally anyway.

I need some inspiration. The kicker was my 13 year old son saying he wasn't going to run with me any more, I'm too slow and then nicking my Garmin and shoving off and beating my 3 mile hill run time by 3 minutes and leaving me and the dog to plod along the beach with my old hrm watch :cry:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Oi, not so fast Crackle! [*]

Can you sign-up for a particularly testing event or something? Perhaps tell everybody you know that you are signing up and going to get a personal best etc? Maybe pride will be a good motivator :smile:

[*] Pun intended

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I've never been an event person SD. I just sometimes reach the end and need a change. Also, I'm not really bothered about speed anymore. He's still yet to beat my 2.5 mile time. He's a full 2.5 minutes off that ;)

I'm just sitting here not feeling like going out, even though I have the time and the weather is good.

yello

Mine's gone too Crackle. I did around 250km last month, and only 30 so far this. I just have no real interest in cycling at the moment and prefer to be working in the garden.

For me, it's a phase and I simply go with it. Whilst, at the moment, it doesn't seem as though I'll ever ride again, I know that I will. Come autumn I'll be back on my bike regularly. I think I 'boom-bust' too. I had a lay off after LEL in 2009 and I'm doing it again after PBP.

Flyingfox

Instead of letting him get away with it, see if you can get the gap down to 2 minutes, then 1, then reclaim the title. Get hold of the Garmin and get back out there!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
That's a shame Crax. I had a similar thing a couple of years ago and forced myself to buy a Boardman SS/Fixed, in order to give myself a reason to get back into non-commuting cycling :whistle:

The bike in question has since been flogged but it did the trick, so to speak!

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I think you're all right - new goal. Need to think about that.

I might be getting a new mountain bike SD, maybe that will work up some enthusiasm.

Yello, I'm normally not bothered but I made a resolution this year that I'd keep going. One of the purposes of running was so I could mix things up and not get stale. I've actually ended up doing far more running than I intended. That's because of a burgeoning interest from both sons, so I kept going to encourage them. Son no2 has persisted and despite my levity in the op, I'm actually very pleased that he's running faster than me and he's now looking to run further. Further and faster, a double whammy :biggrin:

Top Bottom