Lost my cycling mojo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Don't beat yourself up .

It's like a cake loads of different things are happening at once .
What you me and all of us need is some dry sunny weather ..Then that first ride .wow .Back in the groove .Good luck .

postman

Legendary Member
Don't beat yourself up .

It's like a cake loads of different things are happening at once .
What you me and all of us need is some dry sunny weather ..Then that first ride .wow .Back in the groove .Good luck .

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm right there with you..it's not been helped by the awful weather which makes it a hazard to be out.

My remedy was forcing myself out with some friends tommorow and take it easy and just enjoy it again.

I am also one for solo rides though club and social rides can be equally good.

Hope you get the mojo back soon and ease into it. Take it easy and beating yourself up!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm right there with you..it's not been helped by the awful weather which makes it a hazard to be out.

My remedy was forcing myself out with some friends tommorow and take it easy and just enjoy it again.

I am also one for solo rides though club and social rides can be equally good.

Hope you get the mojo back soon and ease into it. Take it easy and beating yourself up!

Willo

Think most folk go through stages where the enthusiasm goes and it applies to any hobby or activity. I enjoy a spot of fishing, running, cycling, and watching football and there are spells with all where I find I lose the drive to get up and go. As others have said, particularly bad time of year. I sometimes find that splashing some cash helps. To that end I've ordered some new pedals and am planning to invest in some new cycling shoes this week to kick start my cycling again:laugh:

Saying all that, the first nice day in weeks y'day which made we want to get out on the bike for the first time this year, so I got the cycling gear on then ended up faffing about with a Garmin cadence sensor I got for Christmas to no avail so had a tantrum, realised my time was up anyway and so the bike went back in the shed:angry: Turns out my watch has a problem so the whole lot has to go back to Garmin for a look/replacement. In fairness, they had no qualms - the watch and footpod are well over a year old and they said they'd repair or replace the whole bundle as required. Still annoying though.

Willo

Think most folk go through stages where the enthusiasm goes and it applies to any hobby or activity. I enjoy a spot of fishing, running, cycling, and watching football and there are spells with all where I find I lose the drive to get up and go. As others have said, particularly bad time of year. I sometimes find that splashing some cash helps. To that end I've ordered some new pedals and am planning to invest in some new cycling shoes this week to kick start my cycling again:laugh:

Saying all that, the first nice day in weeks y'day which made we want to get out on the bike for the first time this year, so I got the cycling gear on then ended up faffing about with a Garmin cadence sensor I got for Christmas to no avail so had a tantrum, realised my time was up anyway and so the bike went back in the shed:angry: Turns out my watch has a problem so the whole lot has to go back to Garmin for a look/replacement. In fairness, they had no qualms - the watch and footpod are well over a year old and they said they'd repair or replace the whole bundle as required. Still annoying though.

Willo

Mark_Robson

With the bad weather I hadn't been out for nearly a month until this morning. So with joy in my heart I mounted my trusty steed and off I went on my favourite route.
Within ten minutes I was knackered, within twenty minutes I had realised just how quickly I had became unfit. The hills that normally don't bother me certainly did today. I still managed thirty miles but I can't say that it was much fun.

Mark_Robson

With the bad weather I hadn't been out for nearly a month until this morning. So with joy in my heart I mounted my trusty steed and off I went on my favourite route.
Within ten minutes I was knackered, within twenty minutes I had realised just how quickly I had became unfit. The hills that normally don't bother me certainly did today. I still managed thirty miles but I can't say that it was much fun.

Mark_Robson

Top Bottom