Lost my nerve :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Buggi, you don't happen to work for the same company as me do you - our two wheeled user group has been reporting 6 accidents including one fracture this week, and Solihull/"Warwick office" is a bit suggestive...

Yes i do, I issued that safety alert.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
so, i'm a bit confused. if you have metal studs in your tyres, don't they slip on the tarmac on the non-icy patches??? dammit, i just bought some new schwalbe marathons, maybe i should have gone for the studded ones??? The roads by me are truly horrendous, it's been really icy the last few days then rained last night and again mud EVERYWHERE! When i moved to the country i thought, great, cycling everyday, but it seems where there are not cars, there are more hazardous conditions like mud and ice. Can't bloody win!
my hip still hurts so i've just decided to just enjoy xmas and then get back on after.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
well, in that case i might invest :highfive:
Look after yourself, Buggi :hugs:
If you are gonna get the ice tyres, get these, as you live in a muddy area. They are expensive for a tyre, even on sale.
Ime, the normal Marathon winters (cheaper) are great on ice, not so great on snow slush/mud, but, not having MB style knobs, roll just a bit better.
Mind, you still need to take care :ph34r:

Norm

they look slippy... like when on tarmac i'm running on metal :unsure:
You really aren't running on metal. There isn't the same level of contact as normal MTB tyres, but, then again, normal MTB tyres have less rubber contact than normal road tyres.

On Tarmac, the stud hits the ground but the tyre's tread deforms around it so you have plenty of rubber on the road.

Norm

My winters have turned up and it is 10 degrees outside, looks like they aren't going on the bike any.time soon.
Fit them tomorrow night, have a few days to get them bedded in (I think they need 25 miles) then you are all ready for the temperature drop coming along this weekend and through next week.

Top Bottom