Lost my wallet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Im so annoyed, so utterly annoyed.

And its all my fault. I cycled to the shop, got my weeks shopping. Somewhere along the way my wallet made a break for freedom, and got its wish.

Its such an arse to replace everything, £20 for driving licence, £5 for oyster card, £25 wallet, £10 for student card, 7-10 days for replacement cards. Plus the £15 that was in it.....

I feel so lost, i really have no idea what to do.... all cards are cancelled but i cant get anything new until my cards get here, so no ID at all. I guess it will teach me to carry everything in my wallet.......

The worse thing, i dont even know 100% that its "lost" it could be in the house somewhere, but after turning everything over i thought it would be better safe then sorry. Not that i have anything in my account anyways.

Sorry for the bore, i needed to get it off my chest.....

No, not nice! :smile:

Hopefully it'll only happen the once and you'll be wiser after the loss.

I think the vast majority of us lose a wallet at some stage; the difference being the loss of money or cards involved.

Hope it's not to much of an inconvenience!

Go and get yourself a strong beer! :smile:

longers

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Go and get yourself a strong beer! :smile:

He might not have any money!

I've done this a couple of times and my bank will let me get cash out in person just with my account details and no card.

A bit back a motorist flagged me down to say he thought he'd seen my wallet fall out of my pannier. It had. What a nice chap he was! :smile:

longers

Legendary Member
And a few years ago I left one in a phone box. It got handed into the police station with everything still in it and while I was there I got £10 for doing an ID parade.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
And a few years ago I left one in a phone box. It got handed into the police station with everything still in it and while I was there I got £10 for doing an ID parade.

Were you guilty?:smile:

battered

Guru
Bugger. That's a pain. I've never lost my wallet but had one stolen from a jacket pocket while at work. Called into the boss's office to sort a problem, discussions went on for a while, got aut about 6pm, building empty, jacket on the back of the chair emptied.

I found one a while back, no money in it but a prov driving licence. Rang the police, they gave me a number and it belonged to a young lad round the corner. HIs parents were delighted and insisted on giving me a tenner for a drink for my trouble. Thank you very much, that will do nicely.:smile:

Davidc

Guru
Real Bu***r when you've paid out for replacing the contents, had all the hassle and worry, and then find it hiding (and laughing?) in the lining of your jacket.

Then you have to spend even more time mending the seam of the jacket.

Comiserations.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I lost my wallet during a Land's End to John O'Groats ride and only discovered that it was missing when I went to pay for a camping pitch at the pub whose field I was camping in. The landlord of the Cotton Arms at Wrenbury opened a tab for me and aided and abetted my attempt to drink the pub dry with a promise that he'd take me into Crewe the next day to sort out my finances.

As it was, my wife was so determined to keep me out on the road that she drove down to give me some cash, a cash card and settle the tab at the bar.

When I went to settle the tab I was asked for the princely sum of £10. What a landlord!!

taxing

A couple of years back I 'lost' a purse, then a few days later this guy turned up at Primark (I had a Christmas temp job there) saying that he'd recognised me from the picture on my provisional and remembered seeing me at work. Scared the shoot out of me, there was nothing in my purse to say where I worked, and who can recognise a stranger from a bad passport picture? I was expecting all sorts but I never saw him again.

Bit of a bugger that I had already paid for new cards as well, if he really did find it why not pop it through the letterbox, seeing as it had my address in it and I know that it went missing either on my street or the next, I only popped to the corner shop with it.

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
TBH im not overly annoyed about losing the contence, but the wallet was a present for my 21st which will now no doubt end up in the bin with some tike taking the money in it.

Thats what fustrates me, i have found 2 or 3 purses / wallets and i hand them straight in, i just know that mine we never be seen again.

No doubt i will have a sleepless night

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Lost mine on the bus... cancelled everytrhing... called bus company anyway... cleaner had handed it in... had lovely ride (20 miles) to go fetch it... gave cleaner a tenner... felt better. :biggrin:

oddly .. when i finished work yesterday and went to hoover the inside of my Taxi out i found a purse that had fallen under the front passenger seat, it had cards in it with the ladys name on but nothing with an address so i handed it in to one of our PCSO's this morning and this afternoon the lady phoned me to say thank you and offered me £10 for my honesty :biggrin:

Simon

Top Bottom