Lost? Nah, not me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A man in Turkey, after drinking too much, gets ’lost’ but ends up in a search party to look for himself.
😁 😀

https://tiffytaffy.com/missing-drun...rZgyOKb35wb4FXbKgefm_7BJOkSwqMtfNO-7UlHAdI-Uc

That is hilarious. In fairness to the guy, he genuinely wanted to help when he bumped into the search party, so as a public spirited individual joined in. Apart from the comedic cock-up element I think it reflects quite well on all concerned and the ongoing telling of the tale will doubtless compensate for the wasted effort.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This is why I'm not a ride leader. Despite knowing the route for a ride, and having ridden it over 100 times, I still got lost when leading a group :blush:
That's what GPS is for! :okay:

My devices are old and slow so occasionally they don't respond quickly enough at complicated junctions or roundabouts. I might take the wrong exit but would notice within 50 metres and take corrective action.

In the past 15 years I have only got lost on rides the few times that I decided to improvise and not follow the route that I had carefully worked out beforehand.

In 'The Thunderbolt Kid', Bill Brysons autobiography, he starts each chapter with a little paragraph taken from US newspapers, during his formative years, & one is along the same lines as the original post

classic33

Leg End Member
That's what GPS is for! :okay:

My devices are old and slow so occasionally they don't respond quickly enough at complicated junctions or roundabouts. I might take the wrong exit but would notice within 50 metres and take corrective action.

In the past 15 years I have only got lost on rides the few times that I decided to improvise and not follow the route that I had carefully worked out beforehand.
It's never lost, it's Temporary Geographical Embarrassment (TGE).

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Auto corrected to TEG, which oddly enough:-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thromboelastography
Interesting - that's one test that I hadn't heard of.

I like the way that they refer to a 'small sample of blood'...

No, a 'small sample' is what I give for my blood tests these days - from a needle prick in a finger. Enough to be put into the equivalent of a motorised milk churn - no! :laugh: (Ok, probably a very small churn, but I much prefer one drop of blood on a slide.)

Top Bottom