Lost the plot yesterday..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Yesterday's commute and my 200th of the year

With a 63 bus near Elephant and Castle.Two bus stops out from the roundabout which leads on the third turning to Waterloo.

I was in the bus lane and I don't quite know what had happened,but suddenly a bus passed me with like a cigarette papers clearance between bus and my handlebars,plus I was drifting to the right.Yes I know that's not perfect as I cant seem to cycle in a straight line all the time.So he gets past to the bus stop which is like 200 yards up the road and may have cost him ten seconds if he could have been bothered to wait instead of driving like a brain dead idiot..That some twat in an approx eight tonne bus against a poorly protected cyclist (with no metal box) against the elements decides to pass me like that and I lost the plot,short of storming that bus,when I caught up with it,which wasn't too hard I just let out a set of expletives as loud as I could shout.I was totally f'kin p1553d off and I still am now.This is why I posted this thread.So he pulls away from the second from last bus stop before the roundabout and I stood my ground not letting him past and shouting at him to stay back.He did but I got to the roundabout and just thought I would clear the scene ASAP before I did something really stupid.Something really f'kin stupid.

Im still fkin outraged about this and totally p1553d off and will be looking out for this fkin clown again and will take it further if I need to especially if the f'kin idiot passes me like that again..It hasn't put me off cycling because I love the Audax which I have only used for the third time this year due to the fixie being unavailable.

It affected me all day,especially in my job,which it made harder.I need to concentrate all the time,believe it or not.Have some of these f'kin bus drivers got no brain at all?

(Will be edited as I think of other things and iron out mistakes)

Thomk

Guru
Let it out.................aaaaaaaand......................relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

OP
OP
M

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Let it out.................aaaaaaaand......................relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

24 hours and I haven't got over this.

Think it may be near mid-day,plenty of witnesses hearing me lose the plot.Another bus behind which I saw before I overtook that clown.I stuck my finger out,not to be rude to the second bus but in a sort of calm way before the storm broke with the first bus.

No camera as it's on the fixie ironically.Lucky git.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.

No camera as it's on the fixie ironically.Lucky git.

Hope you've calmed down by now. I know what you mean about being wound up for the day....after all, someone has just endangered your life. I'd hate to be in a situation where someone who deserved to be complained about got away with it due to lack of evidence. That's why I have my camera on my helmet.....no worries about which steed I take out. Will yours not mount on your head/helmet?

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
When I have a particularly bad near miss or close pass, I then review it in my head and think of all the funny things I could have done (scream loudly and wave arms about dramatically) instead of swearing or shouting at the driver. And then when I am out and something similar happens, I just think about how funny it would be if I actually did something over dramatic.

I havent had any near misses lately so I am pretty calm on the roads. Yesterday I did have someone overtake and then turn left immediately after doing so (I was doing 25 in a 30 zone), which annoyed me a little but nothing else happened.

I think that the roads (around my area) are getting better. Or I have just learnt to ignore things.

OP
OP
M

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Hope you've calmed down by now. I know what you mean about being wound up for the day....after all, someone has just endangered your life. I'd hate to be in a situation where someone who deserved to be complained about got away with it due to lack of evidence. That's why I have my camera on my helmet.....no worries about which steed I take out. Will yours not mount on your head/helmet?

No,haven't found the best camera for that yet,although i've been carrying a camera continuously on the fixie with the same old crap incidents same old story,nothing major.Fixie expired this week but ironically it's like the Audax is jinxed.Had my worse incidents on that.Im also annoyed I was driven so much into such a crap reaction.

Do you know im actually using Bull Horn handlebars on both bikes after a near collision with a range rover in 2010 when it actually crossed right in front of me and I couldn't get to the brakes in time due to riding drops.That was on the Audax also.I probably reacted worse yesterday than I did in that incident in 2010.

Thought it may help posting it on here and then just move on but as young matt says,if I had been riding more primary I would have had more space to play with.I did that yesterday at Cambridge Heath after more trouble with the Cambridge Heath newly made roadworks pinch point.

kedab

Veteran
No,haven't found the best camera for that yet,although i've been carrying a camera continuously on the fixie with the same old crap incidents same old story,nothing major.Fixie expired this week but ironically it's like the Audax is jinxed.Had my worse incidents on that.Im also annoyed I was driven so much into such a crap reaction.

miguel - i've got one of these:

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/dogcam-bullet-hd-camera-WIDE.html

just stick the super sticky bit of velcro to the side of your lid (trimmed mine to shape a bit) and stick the cam to it - you won't even notice it's there after 5 minutes.

glad you're alright, glad you're still riding :thumbsup:

I lost the plot a wee bit with a bus yesterday; I was cycling along just out side a cycle lane approaching a crossing (on red), which narrows the road. When the lights changed a van was coming towards me and a doubledecker squeezed through between us. A second van was following the first and the look of panic on the driver's face had to be seen! I should have altered my line though to stop it happening in the first place. Coincidentally I was cycling for the first time with a camera (a cheap muvi clone), do they things attract trouble :wacko: OT the video quality is good, the sound quality is good (maybe NSFW) but the mount position is a fail, it was clipped on to my gilet :blush:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
My Contour HD cost £100 from a fellow CCer. You could probably find one on Ebay for about the same. It would be a much better quality than a new Dogcam.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I lost the plot a wee bit with a bus yesterday; I was cycling along just out side a cycle lane approaching a crossing (on red), which narrows the road. When the lights changed a van was coming towards me and a doubledecker squeezed through between us. A second van was following the first and the look of panic on the driver's face had to be seen! I should have altered my line though to stop it happening in the first place. Coincidentally I was cycling for the first time with a camera (a cheap muvi clone), do they things attract trouble :wacko: OT the video quality is good, the sound quality is good (maybe NSFW) but the mount position is a fail, it was clipped on to my gilet :blush:

Your video appears to be set to private.

Was it in Peterbrough?

Your video appears to be set to private.

Was it in Peterbrough?
Yeah Oundle Road outside the Baptist Church in google earth it was wider but when they built the new church they must have narrowed it. Oundle Road has a couple of these crossings and I could see something like that happening I should have took a stronger position. I'll switch the vid to public but it doesn't show much other than a mount fail :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
miguel - i've got one of these:

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/dogcam-bullet-hd-camera-WIDE.html

just stick the super sticky bit of velcro to the side of your lid (trimmed mine to shape a bit) and stick the cam to it - you won't even notice it's there after 5 minutes.

glad you're alright, glad you're still riding :thumbsup:

Thanks and so am I.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah but how long do the batteries last as they are none replaceable,you cant charge them forever as they wear out.I have an AA based camera but it's a bit heavy for my helmet.(ooer)

why cant they make an AAA based battery or even a 18650 powered camera?

3.7v and 2000ma plus...it would be my dream,perhaps I should build one myself.

I know just how you feel.

I had this fantastic plan to blow up Parliament by stuffing the basement full of kegs of black powder and igniting it when the House was sitting.

It was flawless. Complex, but flawless. I wrote it all down on a sheet of parchment (or similar) so as not to forget it and awaited the chance to discuss it with my fellow conspirators.

Well... I had a few jars of ale and then I couldn't recall which pocket of which pair of trousers 'd left the note of the scheme in.

I'd completely lost the plot.

Top Bottom