Lot's of surveys here...anything ever come of any of them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Looks like the university students of England are keen to devote their lives to the improvement of cyclists lives, so have any of you guys gone on to develop anything etc?

Shaun

Founder
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply - we rarely get to see the survey results, never mind any detail on what they're actually designing, and usually never see them again once they've had a few replies (edit: found an exception).

Some aren't even about cycling ... :laugh:

It's a shame really as it would be nice to get some feedback on the surveys and see some of the finished design ideas - they might be quite interesting.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I have a suspicion that the homework is "to do a survey" rather than to solve a problem. Some years ago in the era of newsgroups, students from one specific institution habitually asked "what's a good mountain to climb" as their ever-so-demanding asignment was "ask a question on a newsgroup"

avalon

Guru
Obviously some people like filling in surveys. It gives them an opportunity to air their views to a complete stranger who probably couldn't care less about you.

snorri

Legendary Member
Ach! Yir too harsh on them BoaB.
It's all quite harmless and they may be learning something from the exercise.
Now, these ******** who 'phone me every day and ask to speak to Mr Snorri, but badly mispronouncing my name, and wanting me to help them with a survey:evil: , if you could sort them out for me, I would be eternally grateful.:smile:

bianchi1

Guru
I got a phone call from the World Wide Web the other day telling me my computer was infected. I must be really important!!

The reality is that students using forums to gather information are probably chasing deadlines. As a sampling method it's extremely dubious.

Top Bottom