Loud freehub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I will happily tell them it's a stupid thing to choose!
Will you restrain yourself, Matt, if riders choose to ride sporting certain safety and/or conspicuity 'things' like (unmentionable), flashing DLR and coloured/reflective clothing? Is a loud freehub any more 'stupid' than the above (a deliberate assault on one's senses)? So judgemental.

ren531

Über Member
I might be misremembering but I'm seem to remember RJ the bike guy on YouTube did a video on how make your freehub louder presumably by putting more tension in the spring by bending it.

Big John

Guru
I might be misremembering but I'm seem to remember RJ the bike guy on YouTube did a video on how make your freehub louder presumably by putting more tension in the spring by bending it.

The spring on the pawls, presumably? Has anyone seen those springs? What a job that would be. You'd need eyes like a sh1thouse rat and the sensitive fingers of a surgeon. They're about the size of a gnats testicle and have a life of their own when released from the confines of the freehub body. He'll have a go at anything, old RJ 😂

The spring on the pawls, presumably? Has anyone seen those springs? What a job that would be. You'd need eyes like a sh1thouse rat and the sensitive fingers of a surgeon. They're about the size of a gnats testicle and have a life of their own when released from the confines of the freehub body. He'll have a go at anything, old RJ 😂

Sounds like an April Fool tip - I wish I'd thought of it!

Top Bottom