Love to Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
March is Ride it Out month with Love to Ride

You may find that your local council are supporting it and providing extra events or even prizes. Northumberland is doing a zoom training session on urban cycling next Monday, though I don't suppose they'd mind if people outside the county joined in - FB link

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Thanks for the notice. I was going to promote it but Love to Ride are special hat advocates who misrepresent the arguments for and against, which I will not boost. :sad:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's pretty easy to let people choose what to wear on their head - why go to the effort of creating extra friction in the world?
Stuff 'em.
I will ignore the merits of which position to back, which is discussed elsewhere on this forum, but hopefully everyone can acknowledge this is a divisive issue, so by picking a side, they have divided their support. There was no need for it.

Often it is because they have just accepted the orthodoxy stemming from the UCI or governments and not looked into it, or sometimes that there is one or a few believers who added it and a lot of people who don't think it is worth falling out over.

It happens more rarely with some other topics, such as saddles or handlebar shapes or riding styles or repair kits, and really limits "get cycling" campaigns IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom