Loved the rain today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This year I have done quite a few charity runs/walks so have walked to work more than cycled..

Coming home tonight, I realised it was the first time all year that I have ridden in significant rain (walked in it plenty) and made me realise how many times I punctuated the walks with driving, just out of habit. And how easily that "can't ride today, the sky has a grey tinge" mentality can creep back in and quickly become a mindset.

So glad to be soaked today, it reminded me that blood is warm and skin is waterproof

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
No I missed it,I was already at work when it started.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
No. Skin is a semi permeable membrane. Not quite waterproof. More like showerproof, hence why your fingers crease when soaked.

Sara_H

Guru
This year I have done quite a few charity runs/walks so have walked to work more than cycled..

Coming home tonight, I realised it was the first time all year that I have ridden in significant rain (walked in it plenty) and made me realise how many times I punctuated the walks with driving, just out of habit. And how easily that "can't ride today, the sky has a grey tinge" mentality can creep back in and quickly become a mindset.

So glad to be soaked today, it reminded me that blood is warm and skin is waterproof
The thursday before was my first really rainy ride of the year. It was torrential rain on my way down the hill - I could only open open one eye at a time!

Kies

Being wet is fine - but being cold means I got my clothing wrong for riding. Experience eventually leads to less of these cold days

MichaelO

Veteran
No. Skin is a semi permeable membrane. Not quite waterproof. More like showerproof, hence why your fingers crease when soaked.
That's been proved to be wrong - they wrinkle to improve grip by blood vessels contracting - nothing to do with osmosis.

Weirdly, the wrinkling doesn't happen in people with damaged nerve endings in their fingers :wacko:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
That's been proved to be wrong - they wrinkle to improve grip by blood vessels contracting - nothing to do with osmosis.

Weirdly, the wrinkling doesn't happen in people with damaged nerve endings in their fingers :wacko:
Thats not what they said on Horizon... have you got a link to the nerve issue? Also who proved it to be wrong, I got that from a dermatologist?

J.Primus

Is it terrible that after changing into my waterproofs to go home today I was disappointed that it turned to light rain by the time I was on my bike. I was fully prepared for the weather to do its worst and fail in the face of superior togs. Felt like a pyrrhic victory today.

Top Bottom