Lovely day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

MrW was away. So I went off up to Norwich & met up with the offspring. We had lunch together, nattered, did a spot of shopping, and then he treated his old mum to an early evening film. We sat & watched the mindless tat that is 'National Treasure: Book Of Secrets' We sat, munched our way through a large bucket of popcorn and gallons of diet cola and laughed at just how bad a plot (what plot?) and acting can be. Considering the cast included Dame Helen Mirren, Nicolas Cage, Harvey Keitel, Ed harris & Jon Voight, it was bad plot, bad script, bad acting.. but I watched it in excellent company.

But I can't think of a much nicer way to spend a day than with my son, having a laugh, a coffee, a bit of shopping, see a film & munch popcorn. The only thing that would have made it better would have been for MrW to have been in attendance, but on this occasion, it was not possible. Came home, made MrW a meal, had a glass of decent red wine together.

Sometimes life is good, and today is one of those days. ;)

Edit: sorry - this should be in cafe, but don't know how to move it there. Help, admin!!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
What no cycling??

spindrift

Dame Helen doing her post-oscar "Just gimme the cheque" routine. I walked past Bank Station last August and they had shut down the junction of death outside the stock exchange to film this terrible fillum.A map to hidden treasure is hidden on the back of the Declaration Of Independence, yeah right.

Still, Norwich is God's country, the same month i swam with seals at Waxham:

1343032272_fc3d430263.jpg

F.decorate(_ge('photo_notes'), F._photo_notes).notes_go_go_go(1343032272, 'http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1319/1343032272_fc3d430263_t.jpg', '3.1444');
View sternwood28's map

Taken in a place with no name (See more photos here)

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

No... this one is even worse, Spinny. This one is about missing bits of John Wilkes Booth's diary having a map to the lost city of gold hiden under Mount Rushmore it seems, and the statue of liberty in Paris having a clue written on it, plus having to break into Buckingham Palace to fiddle with the Queen's bits, the White House to fiddle with the president's bits only to find they'd already been fiddled with, kidnap a president.. clear the name of an ancestor framed for Lincoln's assassination... area 51, JFK.. Nicolas Cage doing really, really, really bad British catchphrases as that's how we all speak over here, cor blimey!

This is why popcorn was required.

Maz

Guru
Waffly...That film sounds like a real laugh if you're in the right company to take the piss out of it and enjoy the popcorn! I think I'll watch it some time.

spindrift

bugger

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
wafflycat said:
What, no reading of final line of post where I've already acknowledged I've put it in the wrong section and asked for it to be moved??

What that got to do with it? The forum name is a wee bit of a give away, or am I taking this to seriously;) Good to read that you had such a good day...

Top Bottom