Loving my new bike but my a**e hurts!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scottishking

I've been out on my new Scott Speedster S20 for the first time this week and have absolutely loved it. I have had that much fun in a long time and have loved every second of it. I done 20 miles on Tuesday and 24 miles today. The only problem i have now which i know is very common is my a**e hurts even just to sit down.

What I want to know now is, is it worth me getting padded shorts or should I just persevere with the pain (I am normally stupid enough to do that) and it will get better?

Padded shorts are a must for me.

Your rear will become accustomed to it, but shorts always help.

Norm

You will get used to it, but you don't have to. B)

I have padded shorts which I wear on longer rides but, if it's just going to be a couple of hours in the saddle, I prefer to wear "normal" clothes. I was even riding in jeans earlier this morning. :blush: That was only for about 10 miles, but I don't want to feel that I need to wear cycle clothing to go out on the bike.

rusky

CC Addict
Does it have a saddle fitted:biggrin:

I would go for a pair of padded shorts, Endura Hummvee are good as they have a padded liner that's clipped in so you can have it as part of the shorts, seperate - like padded boxers & you can wear the shorts without the padding when off the bike.

wafflycat

Combination of correct saddle for your 4r$3 combined with saddle at correct height & level, combined with padded cycle shorts worn commando-stylee. Get it right & you can be out on the bike all day doing over a hundred miles and your 4r$3 will still feel fresh, supple, toned and pain-free.

OP
OP
S

scottishking

I think I will invest in padded shorts then. I have been cycling in any old shorts up until now but want to get a pair of proper shorts to "look the part". I might get a pair of both so I can alternate.

Norm

If you go with the ones which WC mentions (I have the same type), you can wear the liner under any shorts.

Or just buy some padded under shorts for about £12.

Top Bottom