Lower leg pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coldash

Veteran
I've done had a look through here and on Google but don't see an answer to this one. Yesterday, a couple of hours after doing a hard session on a cross-trainer in the gym, I went on my 20 mile "hilly" run and before I had even got to the first hill, I developed an ache on the back outside of my left leg between the back of my knee and my calf. During the run, the pain got worse mainly when spinning but not so bad when grinding up the hills. This morning the dull pain is still there and I've now got the same on my right leg but less a bit less painful.

I recently changed my saddle (to a Selle SMP – very happy) but I checked the height etc and have done a couple of flat 15 mile runs without any ill-effects, so I don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas or is it just a case of rest and hope it will go away?

Cheers

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd do some stretching exercises - likely to be hamstrings, but someone here might know better.

You've not altered anything else have you - double check the saddle height as most saddles do vary. Also, not done any other 'silly' sports to damage anything ?

Check that saddle height !

OP
OP
C

coldash

Veteran
I've checked the saddle height and it's OK. I'm off to the quack tomorrow for my annual MOT so I'll ask him 'cos he's pretty good with sports injuries etc.

Top Bottom