Lube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Revisiting this. Squirt was great for the summer but I seem to have to reapply it after every wet ride - which seems to be almost every ride at the moment.

If I don't reapply it - the chain is rusty.

Should I give it a wipe with a GT85 rag after getting back in ?

C R

Guru
Revisiting this. Squirt was great for the summer but I seem to have to reapply it after every wet ride - which seems to be almost every ride at the moment.

There are two types of lube, wet and dry.

Dry lube is wax based, to be used in dry weather, as it washes easily, but it is not sticky, so the chain doesn't accumulate as much dirt.

Wet lube is oil based, and doesn't wash as easily, so it works better in wet weather, but the drawback is that dirt sticks more easily to it.

I guess you are using a dry variety, and you should probably try a wet variety now that the weather has turned.

13 rider

Guru

Have you tried double applying squirt in the winter . Apply as normal allow to dry ( couple of hours) then reapply works for me . Perhaps dry the chain off with a dry rag but gt85 will remove the squirt I think

Yeah I was thinking GT85 might remove the Squirt.

Not keen on the wet lube - I find it just attracts all the grit and turns it into a grinding paste.

I think I'll just double up on the Squirt. 👍

Top Bottom