Lucky escape!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

You haven't angered a particularly vengeful god have you?

frog

Bludy 'ell! I had to read it twice to work out just how you survived!

Dead Scary! Glad to hear you're still in one piece and Gen is going for a check up.

You now need to pay your Guardian Angel. Eat two cream buns, have a nice cup of tea, and help two old ladies across the road to keep in her good books.

You know it makes sense :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
:smile::ohmy:
Eventful day for you....bike crash, shag at a gig, up at 4am.... wish my life was as exciting! (apart from the crash bit of course)....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Crikey. You seem to have some bad luck with crashes... Glad you're OK. Have you thought of riding a bit slower?:smile: (I'm only jealous you know, being such a snail myself)

I suspect I'd have come off as soon as it happened, so I'd have avoided the RAB, but most likely had a nice gravelly tarmac slither... At least it was a hedge and not a brick wall...

Cab

Thats a really odd thing to happen. Glad you're okay!

Found out what happened yet? Hope Gen isn't going to be jealous when she finds out you've got another women lined up!

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

All my bikes get on very well with each other thank you Crackle, Gen knows that she is "The One" and the others just work for me, even if I do have a little bit more fun on Kinks* than I should B)

She isn't threatened by Sir Walter, my 1982 Raleigh Zenith, as even with his smart new paintjob, he still has a lock permanatly attached to the pannier rack :smile: and currently is without a saddle, but with a stuck seatpost :biggrin::angry:

Gen's biggest rival is Trixie my mtb, I have had some seriously dirty fun riding her B):smile::ohmy: though don't do much more than look at her lovingly these days :tongue::sad:

The bike shop have said that they noticed the problem too, which is good because it means I'm not going mad ;) , and it seems to be a cracked bearing race in the headset. So they have ordered me a nice new CaneCreek and have had a fettle of her BB etc. I have also had to have new handlebars :sad: due to a rather unsexy dent in the RH side.

With their labour at around £75, bars £45, headset £30 and £7 bar the credit card is going to be taking some punishment! I should be picking her up tomorrow.

* 1988 Raleigh Quasar 10spd

Cracked bearing race, blimey! Wonder what caused that then.

Anyway, glad they all get on, as the hareem seems to be growing.

Top Bottom