Lug lining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I had a go with some Revell Colour enamel . It's bl**Dy horrible! It dries too quickly and if you go over a bit that you missed it removes what you had just put down . It strings and behaves like acrylic ! I won't be using their stuff again ! :angry:

Reactions: mjr

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Handover sign writing and pin lining paint is what we use in the museum business, with very high quality brushes and lining pens, (the best lining pens are no longer made, the ones you can get now need attention from a stone). Having paid close to, say, fifty pounds for the paint and tools, you just need to learn how to use them, say six weeks for a short course and the consequent practice.
https://www.handover.co.uk/one-shot...el-paints-236ml-1-2-pint-by-road-parcel-only/

We had to do some sign writing way back in the 70's at college, it was part of the industrial painting and refinishing course. I couldn't get on using a a maul stick. Blasted thing slid all over the place ! We used to put grease in the brushes after use to keep them in shape .

I was thinking about how well sign writing paint adhered to vehicle paint finishes. Working in a garage back in the 70's we would sometimes get vans in for respraying which had been sign written. When a sign writer came in to paint a vehicle there no preparation done apart from cleaning it . The singwriter would set about marking it out and then painting it . Years later when the vehicle was resprayed the writing would be rubbed down with orbital sanders . The paint was stubborn and wouldn't flake off. Once flat the van would be sprayed , all nice and shiny but with the ghost writing would be still visible when looked at carefully .

Top Bottom