luggage fixing block

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:smile:how much weight do you think the luggage fixing block can take? fully loaded c and t bags can put quite a lot of weight on the front of the bike well depending on what gos inside the bags and bumping about when rideing Adds movement to block. There used to be article on the brompton website about how much weight load can put on a fixing block

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've had my S bag crammed full with laptop and a couple of lever arch files and its been fine. I imagine the Alu frame or the bag material would be the 'fuse' in the system rather than the thick solid plastic block attached to the metal bike frame with metal bolts and a metal bracing plate.

I've never experienced movement of the properly bolted in and solid fixed block however full or loosely packed the bag is. Is yours properly attached or are you confusing stuff rattling about inside the bag for the block moving?

StuartG

slower but further
The front block is rated at 10 kg.
Pretty meaningless. It isn't the weight that counts but the force exerted when you hit a bump. That is a factor of weight, speed, size of hole and how its packed. I've probably had more than 10kg on the block but I don't do fast off road downhills or bunny hop.

Sufficient to say its good enough for any sensible load - and I tour with a bulging T-Bag.

This may sound daft but I thought the point of the forum is to ask questions, lol.

Anyway at least it's keeping the 'folder' live

T4tomo

Legendary Member
This may sound daft but I thought the point of the forum is to ask questions, lol.

Anyway at least it's keeping the 'folder' live
It is, but The Doctor makes a fair point when 9 of the top 10 threads on the forum have been started by the OP

Top Bottom