Luggage Storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EverRed

Regular
I would like to leave some luggage (big suitcase used for my S&S coupled bike) somewhere for around four weeks while I tour. Since the rise of luggage storage services such as Nanny Bag and Bounce, I don’t know whether hotels are likely to store baggage for no charge. Of course, I would love to avoid fees. I’m likely to need to store my stuff near Venice airport and then, later, near Madrid airport.

Does anyone have ideas on how I can get free or low cost baggage storage?

Many thanks in advance!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Staying in Malaga last year for a cycle tour. We did a loop. The hotel we stayed at on night 1 looked after our rigid bike boxes (x4) for the whole week no charge.
As the old adage goes, if you don't ask.

I would like to leave some luggage (big suitcase used for my S&S coupled bike) somewhere for around four weeks while I tour. Since the rise of luggage storage services such as Nanny Bag and Bounce, I don’t know whether hotels are likely to store baggage for no charge. Of course, I would love to avoid fees. I’m likely to need to store my stuff near Venice airport and then, later, near Madrid airport.

Does anyone have ideas on how I can get free or low cost baggage storage?

Many thanks in advance!

You don't say where you're going?

If it was me I'd look to do a deal with a hotel as said above. Stay on day 1, stay on last day and they keep the box. 4 weeks might be long, though.
Another option, depending on location might be to post it to yourself.
Something like Warmshowers might be able to help either by making an arrangement with a host or seeking local info.

dimrub

Yep, +1 for the above. We did this in Paris: arrived for 1 night at the beginning of the trip, asked nicely whether we can leave our boxes for 2 weeks, were said yes, then stayed for one more night at the end of the trip, packed the bikes at the hotel's reception and went to the airport. You can improve your chances by asking ahead of time, before reserving the hotel, and then going with the hotel that agreed to help you.

OP
OP
E

EverRed

Regular
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I can certainly ask when I get somewhere but I would like to know ahead of time and I'm concerned about the language barrier. I asked ahead to the hotel I booked in Bordeaux last year. It turned out that they could store my stuff but there was a charge for it (through NannyBag).

Hobbes - I don't know quite what you're asking about where I'm going, more detail or perhaps you missed part of my post? I'm flying into Venice airport and from there, once I've put my bike together, I'm headed to Slovenia. After that I'm flying into Madrid airport and then to the Ballearics (without my bike) for a wedding.

Top Bottom