1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumbar Bags

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Plax, 9 Feb 2008.

1. Plax

Plax Veteran

2. longers

longers Veteran

I have a friend who uses one a bit like that. The only problem with anything on your back is getting a bit sweaty, although ladies glow apparently and don't sweat.

If it's for leisure cycling as you say, a bar bag and saddle pack could be a good alternative. Or a pannier. No harm in that.

3. OP
    OP
    Plax

Plax Veteran

I do have a pannier rack, but unfortunately I tried fitting it on the bike yesterday and no amount of adjusting would get it to fit. It was fine on the old bike, but this bike has no braze-on's and stuff and I couldn't adapt it even with P-Clips (So to ebay it goes).

I was thinking of a seat post mounted rack, but one of the reasons I didn't like my pannier rack in the first place was because it obscured my rear lights on the seatpost. Adapting them onto the pannier rack wasn't very secure. So I don't want to faff with taking my lights on and off whenever I put a rack on.

Same with saddle bag, they obscure the lights as well, and although you can clip one light to the front of many of them, I prefer to have 2 rear lights (I know, I'm just fussy!).

As for frame mounted bags, well, mine is a female frame and with the bottle holder, there ain't nowhere to put one.

On my commute to work I have a rucksack, on shorter rides I've been taking a normal bum bag but you can't wedge much into them.

4. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Horses sweat
    Men Perspire
    Women Glow

5. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Carry any load on the bike rather than on you.

If I'm using my road bike for a day ride in the summer, I use

Topeak QR Beam RX Rear Rack
    with
    Topeak RX Trunk Bag EX

Space for light on bag and on rack too. So I do, indeed, have a two-rear light set-up.

Works a treat.

On my tourer, which has a 'proper' rear rack on it, I have:-
    dhb Elsted Rack Bag As my pannier rack has a rear light on it and the rack bag can carry a light, I also have a multiple rear light set-up with this.