1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lunar Eclipse

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by starseven, 20 Feb 2008.

1. starseven

starseven Guest

Anyone else staying up for it ??

Its on my tick list, like everything else except incest and morris dancing.

2. col

col Veteran

My mate is going to take pics,he is into photography in a big way,ill see if i can scrounge a pic,and post it,if he manages ok.:smile:

3. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

Do you know what time? I'm trying to google it, but the NASA site has crashed.

4. Full eclipse is apparently around 3am. Don't quote me on that though, I'm just going by what someone said on another thread.

5. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Never fancied Morris dancing meself. I'd imagine incest is relatively interesting, though.

6. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

Ooh, think I've just found it. The partial eclipse starts at 1.43am, with the total eclipse beginning at 3.01am, mid eclipse at 3.26am and the total eclipse ends at 3.51am. All times GMT.

7. I might stay up for that then, given that I'm not due to start work until about lunchtime tomorrow. Cheers Surfgurl.

8. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Might still be awake for it. Wouldn't mind seeing another as have had some distinctly orange eclipses on the whole.

9. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

I think I'll stay up too. I've had another tough evening at work and my mind is full of stuff.
    One of my childhood memories is of being woken up in the middle of the night by my Mum to watch a total eclipse. I was about 6.

10. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Only if the clouds clear...

11. Yes. Since I posted it's clouded over completely here. There's lots of light around too. All in all, I might just go to bed.

12. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

It's not cloudy here at the moment. I had to take some kids out at 9pm and the visibility due to the fog was down to a couple of metres.

13. Are you some kind of contract killer?:smile:

14. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Post of the week!

15. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Now frantically scrubbing coffee stains out of the furniture.