Lusso Max Repel Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
As I am relatively new to cycling I never gave much thought when I bought my first SPD shoes, Specialized Body Geometry Sport SPD shoes that have massive sieve-like vents all the way around the upper front part of the shoes. During winter this was fine as I always wore thick neoprene overshoes to mainly keep my feet warm as well as dry. When the better weather came I was worried if it rained as I knew that my feet would get soaked in these shoes and my current overshoes were way to warm. So I decided that I wanted some very thin shower proof overshoes that packed down into a very small size to store in my jersey pocket that would also not make my feet sweat and keep my shoes clean.

After a little research, also I am a big fan of Lusso gear for value and quality I bought the Max Repel overshoes. I paid £15.99 delivered which is very reasonable. My shoes are a size 44 and large fits perfectly; I think that they may fit a slightly bigger shoe as they stretch quite a bit. The material is pretty thin and they pack down into a very small package.

I used these for the first time on my commute to work this morning. It is 9.5 miles and it was a medium rain shower all the way. I wasn’t expecting them to keep the weather out as they are only shower proof but my feet were bone dry and not sweaty at all (although my shoes are very well ventilated). I would guess in very heavy rain they will let water in, and I do not know how washing will affect them.

But my initial impressions are very good they tick all the boxes and are pretty cheap. Highly recommended.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/categ...ct/review-lusso-max-repel-overshoes-09-34145/

Top Bottom