Lying in bed gives me a headache!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If I don't get up as soon as I'm awake I spend the rest of the day with a deep throbbing headache. Been like this for years.

Anybody else get this?

lukesdad

Don t get the headache but do have to get up as soon as Im awake.

Bman

Guru
I dont have to get up as soon as I wake up, but I'll sometimes get a headache if I've had far too much sleep. Then the rest of the day I feel like crap!

So, no. Its not just you :rofl:

Bill Gates

I raced with a very good rider who had the same problem. I remember him having to cry off from one afternoon race because he had stayed in bed too long in the morning.

Armegatron

Ditto. As soon as Im awake Im up and ready. Staying in bed to watch TV or whatever just causes me to have a cracking headache for the rest of the day.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm really heartened to know I'm not alone!

Does anybody have any theories as to why it happens?

jimboalee

Rigid Raider said:
I'm really heartened to know I'm not alone!

Does anybody have any theories as to why it happens?

A lot of people stop breathing during their sleep. Not for very long, but long enough for oxygen levels to the brain to fall.
It's called 'sleep apnea'.

Check this out by using a Baby Alarm.

A lot of people grind their teeth during their sleep and their facial and neck muscles have not rested.

Check this by observing the flats on your incisors.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
lukesdad said:
Does a baby alarm go off if a baby stops breathing ;) Christ I didnt know that
Some do. But the tech isn't great, and generates too many horror stories of parents feeling compelled to dash in every time baby rolls off the little mat / sensor.

Odd really. Most baby monitors are 'always on' only really turning OFF if something disastrous happens.

arallsopp said:
Some do. But the tech isn't great, and generates too many horror stories of parents feeling compelled to dash in every time baby rolls off the little mat / sensor.

Odd really. Most baby monitors are 'always on' only really turning OFF if something disastrous happens.

We ditched the baby monitor 6 weeks in when Elliott kept waking me up by farting !

zacklaws

Guru
Headaches in bed was something I started suffering from in bed a few years ago and I discovered it was caused by the pillow which was up against the head rest and pressing against the top of my head. I resolved it by moving the pillow down the bed a bit so it was perfectly flat, also putting the palm of my hand in the hollow of my cheek or on my cheek bone with my fingers either flat or tips pointing upwards up the side of my head slightly lifting the top of my head off the pillow. If I am on my back moving the pillow down a bit so it is more under the neck helps or just put your hand or fist behind your neck whichever is the most comfortabilist helps.

I also get the same problem if I sitdown with my hands on top of my head in the wrong place.

Sam Kennedy

I noticed quite a while ago I clench my jaw when I'm trying to get to sleep, simply realising this and stopping has saved me from loads of sleepless nights :smile:

If I'm finding I can't get to sleep, I consciously check every muscle isn't tensed, it's quite weird realising you are tensing a muscle, even though it doesn't feel like it.
That normally sends me off to sleep :smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rigid Raider said:
If I don't get up as soon as I'm awake I spend the rest of the day with a deep throbbing headache. Been like this for years.

Anybody else get this?

No.
Never have an urge to get-up when I wake up and I never get a headache from staying-on in bed, I could 'Lie-In' for Britain.

I actually envy those that are able to wake-up and get-up in an instant...

Top Bottom