Lying van driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BadRoadSkills

Hi folks and folkesses

I have lurked for a long time and never posted, but have followed the bits about cameras - and bought one.

My first video was posted on Youtube and now the company has replied - I cannot believe how the driver has lied so blatantly

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB68VQjn9p4&feature=channel_page

I fitted 10 watt Electron lights and you can see that the signs and back of the van are lit up by the lights.

On the back I have two Cateye TLD 1100s and an Alturo Night Vision jaket so I could easily be seen - the driver is telling lies and claiming they hadn't seen a cyclist as visible as I.

It is very annoying that in the first place the company did not reply to my complaining email and now the driver is telling lies.

Is this normal?

Worst is the stuoid comment " I think you can count yourself lucky that no-one was injured"

He is right with driving like this I am lucky

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if he didn't see you his eyesight is defective, and he shouldn't be driving....

Origamist

Legendary Member
BRS - I'd wager s/he is not an employee of the firm (but wouldn't rule it out absolutely). If you upload film of poor driving on YouTube, trolls are attracted like flies to shoot. Did you send MPD a link in your email to the upload?

I'd write to the Director of the firm explaining you have not had an official reply to your complaint.

RedBike

You must clearly have lights on as the sign posts are illuminated as you approach them ; but your lights don't seem to be visable on the road ahead. Is this to do with the camera / brightness settings? - I notice the road is never lit up as the van passes you either.

I very much hope that the reply was from a troll. If it was from the company in question, then I would be contacting the police to go and have a chat with the driver and the boss of the company that is allowing their drivers to drive like that. Keep us up to date with what happens with this.

Oh and it would be useful if you could post an anonymised version of the e-mail you sent to them. It helps to know the whole story.

colly

Re member eR
Could well be a troll on youtube.
The way the van cuts in to avoid the road sign/central refuge gives a lie to the suggestion she was just swerving around you.

As it was she nearly hit the refuge as well.

Tony

...and the speed?

I'm afraid the behaviour of the driver is all too common. I'm afraid Origamist is correct in what he says about vids of bad driving. Put up decent video they get a few hits, dare put something up critical of someones driving (no matter how bad) and you'll get a load of idiots defending the driver no matter what!

OP
OP
B

BadRoadSkills

Thank you for the all for the advice and lins. I have already used the Head Office Address - they did not reply.

Would asking them if the person on YouTube really is one of their staff be reasonable

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
The atc's are notoriously bad in the dark. You can still make out how bad the guys driving is. In situations like this I would say the police are better equiped to deal with it than the company as I said on your video.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You need to speak with their fleet or transport manager and tell him or her that you've got a video of their driver breaking the law. Is the reg number visible on a bigger screen?

Top Bottom