Lymington 9 May 100km / 160 km / 200 km

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manonabike

Über Member
Interesting, do you have more information? I might consider the 160 km

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Here you go.
You don't have to be a member of AUK to participate, but it's a couple of quid cheaper if you are.
I did my first 100km Audax a couple of weeks ago, can't decide whether to stick at 100 or go for the 160.

Edit, just realised the links in that PDF doesnt work.
Entry form is here.

Bugner

I am doing the 160k. Did the 100k last year. Info is on the Audax website. I am sure they take entries on the day as well

Bugner

porkypete said:
Here you go.
You don't have to be a member of AUK to participate, but it's a couple of quid cheaper if you are.
I did my first 100km Audax a couple of weeks ago, can't decide whether to stick at 100 or go for the 160

If you are a member of CTC it is also a couple of quid cheaper. It's all to do with liability insurance.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Bugner said:
I am doing the 160k. Did the 100k last year. Info is on the Audax website. I am sure they take entries on the day as well

The advantage of entering before, is getting the route sheet and inputting it into the GPS before you go. I picked up a lot of time doing that on my first 100k. Sailed past several more experienced audaxers who had stopped to ponder instructions. I know it's not competitive, but it's nice to get a bit of payback when a bunch keep dropping you on the hills :evil:

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Super ride. Very glad the section across the open moorland from Fritham down to the Ornamental drive was WITH the wind. Belting along at 40 kph on the level with almost no effort made all the difference to the morale just when the legs were starting to tire.

Bugner

Yep was a good ride, glad the weather cleared up as well. Went down for the weekend and it rained all day Saturday.

The bloke sleeping rough made me laugh, when as we were checking in complained that we woke him up and then asked if there was a bike ride going on :biggrin:

Top Bottom