Lyon airport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I know how to ride in France, I was wondering how easy it was to find the way out and onto minor roads but thanks anyway.

rich p said:
I know how to ride in France, I was wondering how easy it was to find the way out and onto minor roads but thanks anyway.

Ah, a proper question, that didn't take too long. Best route is north from the airport onto the D517 then work it out from there, depends where you want to go of course but if you head south from the airport you are heading for the autoroute.

rich p said:
Ah, proper answer, took a while;)

You upwrongers are hard work, having that hatchet wedged up your arse obviously cuts the blood supply to your brain.;)

cedfromfrance

rich p said:
Bit of a long shot but has anyone cycled out of it?

Hi Rich, It can be very easy to get out of Lyon Airport on your bike, I am originally from Cremieu which is nearby so I know the area pretty well. Straight at the exit (Round about) after Total Petrol Station, turn right (D29) and carry on for about 2km towards Genas, then turn right (D147) . After 1km turn right again (D606) towards Pusignan. Follow that nice quiet road, cross the main road (D302) and take the "Route de Pusignan". Cycle through Jons and along Nievroz which are nice villages, still on that same quiet road. Then take the D84c and D84 towards St Maurice de Gourdans, then Marcilleux etc... Then you are right in the countryside .... you can choose whether you want to head towards the mountains or stay around that area. If you ever come around Albertville, give me a shout, we could go for a bike ride somewhere around. Good luck :biggrin: Do not hesitate to look at www.viamichelin.com to print a detailled map, might be helpfull. Have a fun time in France !! Ced x

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
cedfromfrance said:
Hi Rich, It can be very easy to get out of Lyon Airport on your bike, I am originally from Cremieu which is nearby so I know the area pretty well. Straight at the exit (Round about) after Total Petrol Station, turn right (D29) and carry on for about 2km towards Genas, then turn right (D147) . After 1km turn right again (D606) towards Pusignan. Follow that nice quiet little road, cross the main road (D302) and take the "Route de Pusignan". Cycle through Jons and along Nievroz which are nice villages, still on that quiet little road. Then take the D84c and D84 towards St Maurice de Gourdans, then Marcilleux etc... Then you are right in the countryside .... you can choose whether you want to head towards the mountains or stay around that area. If you ever come around Albertville, give me a shout, we could go for a bike ride somewhere around. Good luck :biggrin: Do not hesitate to look at www.viamichelin.com to print a detailled map, might be helpfull. Have a fun time in France !! Ced x

Good stuff, Cedric, that's more like it. Merci bien.:biggrin:

We're heading to the Vercours and down towards Avignon so nowhere near Albertville sadly!

Top Bottom