M&S pants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wardy

Has anyone tried using M&S's Autograph Plain Microskin trunks for cycling? Made of 92% polyamide and 8% elastane they would seem to be Lycra material. Available online at £15 for 2 so pretty cheap compared to the usual prices I see for cycling stuff. Not sure about the positioning and construction of seams though.

Assume you are joking, but surely the whole point of cycle shorts is the pad - not the fact that they share a passing similarity to proper cycle shorts...?? (which they don't, incidentally)

But if you really want to go cycling in nothing but a pair of M&S underpants, then go for it. Post a pic though...

OP
OP
Wardy

Wardy

Assume you are joking, but surely the whole point of cycle shorts is the pad - not the fact that they share a passing similarity to proper cycle shorts...?? (which they don't, incidentally)
But if you really want to go cycling in nothing but a pair of M&S underpants, then go for it. Post a pic though...

Haha! No, I wasn't thinking of using only these to cycling in. I was intending wearing them under the usual padded cycle garments. I've never been entirely comfortable using these cycling shorts/longs alone.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I think that 'the whole point of cycle shorts' is to avoid the need to wear bicycle clips. The pad is entirely optional. :thumbsup:

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Haha! No, I wasn't thinking of using only these to cycling in. I was intending wearing them under the usual padded cycle garments. I've never been entirely comfortable using these cycling shorts/longs alone.
Don't wear anything under your padded shorts. the seems will cause issues and you will get sores. If the seems don't get you, the material will bunch up and it will create a whole lot of pain, even when off the bike!

gavintc

Guru
Waste of money - commando is the only way. If you are worried that your willy will be seen, wear overshorts, not undershorts.

Waste of money - commando is the only way. If you are worried that your willy will be seen, wear overshorts, not undershorts.
not worried aby having anything seen, just cba getting shorts washed after every ride, hence undies

D

Deleted member 1258

I've never gone commando in 40 years of cycling, I've never worn padded shorts either. I normally wear either bamboo sports trunks under touring shorts or these
http://www.microfibreboxers.com/guys/Sport/prod_15.html
under running shorts. Normal Sunday ride is between 50 & 70 miles and I've done longer charity rides and Audax rides.

gavintc

Guru

Booyaa

Veteran
You'll have to explain that that one, or are you taking the piss out of a serious post.
I think he is highlighting the fact that people do things in clothing not suited to the activity. Your example is another instance of this.
Everyone is different though so if it works for you all the better.

D

Deleted member 1258

I think he is highlighting the fact that people do things in clothing not suited to the activity. Your example is another instance of this.
Everyone is different though so if it works for you all the better.

The clothing is very suited to cycling, I wouldn't wear it if it wasn't, it may not have been designed specificity for cycling in but it works very well. As you rightly say "we are all different" some people can't cycle without padding and some people can, I'm one who can, I've been cycling for over forty years, its been over thirty years since I came back after a break, its been twenty five years since I did my first club ride, I've never felt I needed padded shorts. It's like a lot of things there's no right or wrong you do what works for you.

Dave, Myton Hospice 60 MileCycle Challenge 2021.jpg

Me on the Myton Hospice 60 mile Cycle Challenge.

Top Bottom