M520 pedal reflectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taffref

New to this clipless lark - only fallen off twice in last couple of weeks:smile:

Taking bikes to Switzerland and the Alps in 6 weeks - Am happy to go clipless most of the time but would like the option of using "normal" shoes when going for a short family ride.

My pedals came without these included - anybody got an old set they have grown out of.

I know decathlon do them but my nearest store is 120 miles away :tongue:

Have gone back to chain reaction cycles ( in the past they have been great with a newbie like me:smile: )

any spare set greatly appreciated

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Are they plastic platforms that clip onto the pedals?

If so, I might have some in my junk box since I have a pair of those pedals on my Basso. I don't tend to chuck stuff away and I have a vague recollection of some plastic bits coming with the pedals.

I'll go and have a look in a minute...

(Time passes. Slowly...)

You're in luck!

m520-platforms.jpg

PM me your address and I'll get them in the post to you in the next couple of days.

ColinJ

I posted them first class this afternoon so you should get them tomorrow or Thursday.

After your holiday, don't forget to come back on CC and tell us about your rides in the Alps!

My dad had a holiday in the Swiss Alps before WW II and loved the clean mountain air. Hopefully it is still clean!

OP
OP
T

taffref

Thanks again Colin

Can't wait to tour Lausanne and part of the Alps on two wheels.

The cycling bug is really starting to get to me so i'll be back to tell you all about it

ColinJ

threebikesmcginty said:
Haven't you finished that Rubik's Cube yet Colin? - you've only had the bluddy thing since 1974 :smile:
Ho ho - I wondered if anybody would spot that! Actually, that one is a replacement for the original one I bought way back. The trouble with this one is that it is too hard to rotate. I suppose that somebody will have written a book showing how to turbo-charge a Rubik's Cube... Yes, they have!

I've studiously avoided reading the "How to solve a Rubik's Cube" tutorials. I want to work it out for myself. I once got as far as everything done except for two pieces which were transposed. I couldn't figure out how to swap them without messing everything else up.

When I got my first cube, I played it 6 hours a night for a week. I had to force myself to stop or I'd probably still be trying to solve it now!

One mate of mine lasted an hour, then he dismantled his cube to see how it worked and reassembled it and permanently glued it in the correct configuration.

Another mate did it the easy way - he peeled all the stickers off and stuck them back in the solved configuration.

Me? I just pick the thing up every now and then and have another go. In fact, I'll do that later on after I've tried lubing it!

PS I've just taken one side piece out, lubed the cube and replaced the piece. Only thing is... I forgot to make a note of which way round it was. If I've put it back the wrong way then the cube is now unsolvable - aaaaaaargh! I might have to dismantle it and put it back together solved, to make sure it starts off right.

taffref said:
Thanks again Colin

Can't wait to tour Lausanne and part of the Alps on two wheels.

The cycling bug is really starting to get to me so i'll be back to tell you all about it
I look forward to reading your travel report!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Try the Rubiks 4x4. I could do the original cube most times, but occasionally got stuck. The 4x4 cube which was bought for my last birthday is almost impossible :smile:

ColinJ

Soltydog said:
Try the Rubiks 4x4. I could do the original cube most times, but occasionally got stuck. The 4x4 cube which was bought for my last birthday is almost impossible :ohmy:
I'll wait until I've solved the 3x3 first! :smile:

I've confirmed that I put the piece back in the right way by solving that face of the cube. I'm probably going to waste the next 2 hours on the damn thing now!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
We were visiting family recently and were ordered to keep away from the Rubik's Cube as it was near to being fiished. My two year old lad managed to pull it apart completely so I put it back together 'solved'

His face was a picture when he saw we'd done it! :biggrin:

Top Bottom