M6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think they found on the M4 that by putting a lower speed limit on it increased the capacity. As Apollo says above you get 3 lanes all doing 50mph and bunched in tight. Leave it at 70 and they leave more spaces and flit around and also hit the brakes more often which sends a ripple of slowing behind them. So it may end up staying on permanently.

Oddly my daughter is in Brum at Uni and is looking to move house at the moment. We have been looking at houses and there was one right by the motorway at the M6/M5 junction on the elevated section. I am guessing the residents love the lower speed as it makes the road so much quieter.

I have lived by junction 10 all my life, and had to use it all my working life. Its ok outside the peak times of 5am to 8pm. Inside those times its gonna be jammed.

I liked the idea they had to build a cinema there, so you can catch a film while waiting for the jam to move.

swansonj

Guru
M5 is considered appropriate for mudguard stays. For a long time, M5 was also considered OK for the carrier. But these days, yes, there seems to be a consensus that you really ought to have M6 at the bottom of the carrier.

Oh, sorry.....

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3566918, member: 45"]Nah. I do 50 miles a day on the m5. It's easy to stay in the inside Lane and move into overtaking lane one when necessary.[/QUOTE]

Yebbut you're in a Skoda Pope-mobile.

Top Bottom