Mad craving for flat Pepsi after 10k run

Discussion in 'Cyclocross (CX), Duathlon and Triathlon' started by LosingFocus, 13 Aug 2012.

1. LosingFocus

LosingFocus Lost it, got it again.

Any idea what this is about? After my last 5 or so 10k runs, I've had a really bad craving for flat Pepsi or Coke. The odd thing is, I dont really drink cola normally, unless I'm pubbing it and driving.

Is my body telling me I need something?

2. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Are you pregnant ?

summerdays and LosingFocus like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    LosingFocus

Well, it would explain the moods, the gut and the lactating nipples I guess.

4. carolonabike

carolonabike Senior Member

That's happened to me too. It's the caffeine and the sugar. After the Northern Cyclone last year I was pretty knackered. I saw someone drinking a coke and had an urge to do the same which surprised me as I don't drink it as a rule. It had an almost immediate effect, within 10 - 15 mins I felt so much better.

LosingFocus likes this.
  5. Coca cola is sometimes given to competitors after events involving open water swims. Allegedly something in the coke kills something in the water. They must be serious because I doubt that cc supply them for free for this purpose.

6. Arsen Gere

Arsen Gere Über Member

Yep they feed you flat pepsi on ironman the marathon section. I only drank it on the last leg as it gives me a bad head sometimes.
    +1 for dslippy's comment. A few mates drink it after swimming in dodgey open water.

7. Would they be upset if I said that I do not believe it has the suggested effect?

8. OP
    OP
    LosingFocus

Interesting. Still no wiser why I've started to crave it after a 'short' 10k run though!

9. Perhaps you need to run through it with a marathon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice