Mad Men

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Any other Mad Men fans on here? I thought series 2 was a bit disappointing compared till series 1 until I saw yesterday's episode.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I'm not sure I love that one.

Abitrary

Yellow Fang said:
Any other Mad Men fans on here? I thought series 2 was a bit disappointing compared till series 1 until I saw yesterday's episode.

I absolutely loved the first series.

The juxtapostion of values 40 years apart was very clever.

A second series was stupid... for the reasons I've given.

Danny

Legendary Member
I'm a big fan.

Not sure why Abitrary thinks a second series was stupid. The makers always planned to follow the various characters through the 1960s, with each series set in a different year. The idea presumably is to see how they were all affected by the big social and cultural changes that took place during that decade.

Abitrary

Dannyg said:
I'm a big fan.

Not sure why Abitrary thinks a second series was stupid. The makers always planned to follow the various characters through the 1960s, with each series set in a different year. The idea presumably is to see how they were all affected by the big social and cultural changes that took place during that decade.

That's why it was always going to be boring. What part of what you said did you not understand before you said it or even after you realised you said it. FFS.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Yes, some of the little touches surprise me. For instance when Don Draper throws that can away into the bushes after the pic-nic and they just leave rubbish on the grass. I doubt a nice, middle-class family would behave like that now, but I expect it was accurate for then. I quite like the way the characters mix being admirable with being rather reprehensible.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Has anyone been watching it this season? Just when I start to worry I'm being sucked into watching a soap, someone does or says something really shocking. I also find it odd I identify with the Americans more than the British this season.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Did anyone watch the last series of Mad Men? I was worried that it was falling off a bit, and, in truth, some of the episodes weren't top quality. However, some episodes were still right up there. It's the only programme I know where a character you like will suddenly do or say something totally abhorrent. For a programme that is discussed so much in the media, it's a surprise it was always tucked away on BBC4 or as late night repeats on BBC2. Now Sky have rights to the next series, so I can't watch it. I often wonder why I bother paying for my TV license.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Regrettably, I've hardly seen any of "Mad Men" at all, but Christina Hendricks certainly floats my boat :tongue:

Christina-Hendricks-Cup-Size-At-Emmys-2010-are-Real.jpg

Top Bottom