Madness?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
Two years ago, I did LEJoG in about 10.5 days.

I did most of it alone and stayed in B&B's, finding them each night. I loved it so much I am seriously thinking of doing it again in the next couple of years.

Am I mad to want to do it again and do it alone again?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
If you enjoyed it that much, why not do it again? It's not really any different form any other ride that we might do more than once, just longer...

theloafer

Legendary Member
go for it .. :thumbsup: have done it twice for my 40th and my 50th both times south-north all been well in 4 years time plan is to do it north-south for my 60th... :biggrin: first ride was 1,137 mile 14 days solo...second was 1,038 17 days with a ctc member who attemped it a year before but failed ..we got on very well and still tour together often

larry

Rebel Ian

I'ne now driven LEJoG (in a Caterham), cycled it and I plan in a couple of years time to do a JoGLE on a motorbike. After I've done that I might try public transport just for a laugh!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've done an end to end twice. Once South to North and once North to South to get a different experience.

I don't think I'll do another. Both extremities are dumps and are not what I want as destinations
thumbsup.png

Spen666 look at doing your ride in the opposite direct to your first. Even if you rode along the same roads the experience and views are very different.

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

Legendary Member
I've done an end to end twice. Once South to North and once North to South to get a different experience.

I don't think I'll do another. Both extremities are dumps and are not what I want as destinations
thumbsup.png

Spen666 look at doing your ride in the opposite direct to your first. Even if you rode along the same roads the experience and views are very different.

Interesting idea Vernon. will give that some thought

headcoat

Über Member
I'ne now driven LEJoG (in a Caterham), cycled it and I plan in a couple of years time to do a JoGLE on a motorbike. After I've done that I might try public transport just for a laugh!

I have though tof doing that for charity and also to prove the cost of public transport. My plan was to do it just on buses and to just turn up and ask the driver for advise on which bus to get etc. Could be a fun challenge :smile:

shirokazan

Veteran
After I've done that I might try public transport just for a laugh!

I guess you might be able to do it as:
1) bus from Land's End to Penzance;
2) train from Penzance to Thurso (various permutations here); and
3) bus from Thurso to John O'Groats.

Top Bottom