Magic number

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Hit the magic 100 miles (actually 118 ) Today on my way to Penzance my Manchester.Never done a camp tour before so I'm pretty pleased at them moment even with the aching limbs! Hope tomorrow gets better on the way to Tintern and the Severn crossing ( I am snuggled up in my Argos £17 special at the moment.Keep you posted on day two

jags

Guru
sleep well skudupnorth after 100 miles your going to need all the rest you can get .

Congratulations :biggrin: My longest is 122km (about 76 miles) in a day. Although that was over the mountains of andalucia so a hell of a lot of climbing and some downhill rewards. I did 45 miles on flat terrain in about 3 and a half hours without a break too. So if i can find and plan a long enough route i think i could also hit the magic 100miles or 160km :biggrin: hmm time to plan that in i think :smile:

Crankarm

Guru
A very well done:bravo:. It may be worth you doing some self massage on your legs to stop your muscles becoming very stiff and risk of injury especially doing so many miles - your lower leg muscles paticularly, gentle to firm working of the muscle groups and the tendons and some gentle stretching. A clenched fist using your knuckles can work wonders especially along one's upper leg large muscles.

Enjoy your tour.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Sorry for late reply,I-phone went flat ! Anyway I hurt in all the wrong places but I am in the land of the pasty and cream tea.The last day really was a killer with heavy rain,head winds and mega long hills.Next time I will not take as much but first my knees and ankle are really sore and need some love ! I will post pics when I get back.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Back in bloody wet Manchester after driving some of the route I took back in the car,my wife (and myself) cannot believe some of the hills I rode with a loaded bike.Still have pain in my right knee and the back of my foot ( anyone know what can make a grinding feeling ) plus knumbness in one side of my hand. Other than that all is well ! Pics will be sorted tomorrow

Top Bottom