Magicshine My review.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I received the new Magicshine with the new sealed battery pack just in time for christmas which allowed me play around with it and mount it on the front light bracket i had bought for it see this thread

I charged it using the supplied charger which does indeed look cheap and does get very warm so it is something i will have to watch carefully and consider getting a new charger at some point.

Today was the 1st time i used it properly and i can see why people rave about it , before i had 2 of those high power 3AAA torches and a 230 lumen AA torch and this 1 light certainly gives more light than all 3 combined.On my unlit sections of my commute i had full confidence to go as fast as i wanted to , this was at 6 am when it was still dark .
On the homeward trip around 5 pm i decided to use it on flash on a lit route with more traffic and i had drivers complaining that it was to bright,even though it was pointed down and the beam center was maybe 20 feet away, for normal roads i think it will be too much and i will be using a standard bike light for those sections.

Overall its a great light for the price and i would recommend it to anyone who needs a powerful light for an unlit route but it is overkill for normal , well light routes.

Russell Allen

I have one of these from DX in hong kong (£55 inc delivery,with the new sealed battery too) they are an absolute bargain. I now cycle freely on unlit country lanes as fast as I would in daylight. Put together with my new 1W Smart LED rear light, it makes a formidible pairing for £75.

Russell

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
Just got my magicshine MJ-808 its the updated version, not sure what's been updated! probably the battery pack - 900 lumins and on charge as I type. I'll pop back later to give you my review once its been tried out in the dark. Super fast delivery which was included in the price £69.99 from here

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
A big plus point for me is on an unlit road when you have passed a car with bright lights the magicshine is bright enough to still give you good visability. Don't know if that makes sense :wacko:. It also picks potholes 20 or 30 yards away giving you sufficient time to react at speed.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
After a months use the battery seems fine with no degradation of battery life , 2 people at work have now ordered the same .

Well worth the money , i am trying hard not to look at the rear light for next Christmas.........

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can pick the rear light up pretty cheap without battery via ebay including a splitter - around £23. If you want it with a battery (wise) then they are about £40 now from UK sellers.

Top Bottom