Magnificat Sportive 13th june Anyone???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Had a look, as it's not too far away - but those timings too quick for me.

dhague

I did the 81 mile route in 4:35, which is gold standard for a middle-aged 42-year old like me. Well happy with that! :biggrin:
Starting in groups of 50-60 meant that there were plenty of pelotons to draft, which helped.

Could have done without the rolling hills around Greenham Common though - my legs were starting to feel every little lump by that stage.

Fantastically well-organised event - cadet-marshalled parking, quick & easy sign-on, excellent timing system, superb signage, friendly & well-stocked feed stations and a great route culminating in a finish with commentary over the tannoy, and even massage, showers & changing rooms afterwards. This really sets the bar for other sportive organisers. If you only do one sportive, this is the one.

Cheers,
Darren

doodles

I did the 81 mile route too.

I was really enjoying it until at about 50 miles I had to stop with cramp and from then on I really struggled and stopped twice more with cramp.

Very well organised event though and a great course.

A little more training and I'll be back!

OP
OP
naffets

naffets

Totally agree with dhague (darren) the best sportive i have taken part in
from organising to amenites and top feedstops inc ham and mustard sandwiches and delicious apple sponge cake which i think i would have got a better time if not for filling my face with cake!!
Still pleased 127 miles in under 8 hrs which earned me a silver

Top Bottom