Maidenhead area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lilolee

Veteran
There is Thames Velo http://www.thamesvelo.org.uk/ , Maidenhead CC http://maidenheadcc.org.uk/ and then me. PM me if you want a chat.

OP
OP
petergc

petergc

You could have a look at their web page and contact the guys in charge. You wouldn't have to come the whole distance!

Jhey

Hello mate I'm from Slough and was just wondering was there anyone on hybrids or anything on the club runs? Was looking to join a club but currently only have a hybrid, found one in Windsor but they never got back to me.

Really enjoying cycling at the moment since getting a new bike, the 40+ mile cycles are boring on my own lol.

Colin_P

Guru
I'm in Maidenhead and mainly use a Hybrid bike. I also don't go far and don't go fast.

Hello mate I'm from Slough and was just wondering was there anyone on hybrids or anything on the club runs? Was looking to join a club but currently only have a hybrid, found one in Windsor but they never got back to me.

Really enjoying cycling at the moment since getting a new bike, the 40+ mile cycles are boring on my own lol.

Jhey

Bump, anyone here ?

Hi, I haven't done any cycling with any clubs in Maidenhead, but I did a beginners ride with a club in Windsor called 700, I was the only person with a hybrid but it was fine, slower than I would normally cycle at but good for getting used to group riding, average speed was around 12/13mph, I normally cycle around 18mph when on my own.

GrumpyCyclistUK

Regular
I'm a hybrid rider, looking for rides too. i commute at the mo, and its 16.5 miles and i do it in an hour, so looking for rides to either push my distance or speed.

Jhey

I'm a hybrid rider, looking for rides too. i commute at the mo, and its 16.5 miles and i do it in an hour, so looking for rides to either push my distance or speed.

I recommend a group that cycle around windsor great park every Wednesday, done about 4/5 rides with them, friendly lot, it's about a 10 mile loop and around 14/15 mph (slower or faster depending on the group) u can find the ride and sign up on sky ride, it's at 7 pm. I do it every now and then due to working night shifts.

GrumpyCyclistUK

Regular
I recommend a group that cycle around windsor great park every Wednesday, done about 4/5 rides with them, friendly lot, it's about a 10 mile loop and around 14/15 mph (slower or faster depending on the group) u can find the ride and sign up on sky ride, it's at 7 pm. I do it every now and then due to working night shifts.
Nice one. Thanks very much for the info Jhey

soterios

Regular
Boys, Swallowfield Velo Club (about 15 miles from Maidenhead / Reading ish area) run plenty of rides through the maidenhead area... always worth keeping a look out and meeting enroute or trekking down to Swallowfield to then end early on the way through

Good bunch, around 10 - 30 riders a week and will split off for different abilities / speed

Moral that no one is left behind.

Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/SwallowfieldVeloClub (website coming in next couple of weeks)

Top Bottom