Maintenance Manual, Ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

I work a lot better if I've got something to work from and really can't be bothered to have hundreds of printed sheets of paper everywhere to try and find when I need to do something so... I'm sure (infact I know I've seen them) there's plenty of maintenance manuals about for the none technical minded like myself, just wondering if you could help me choose a good one then I can try and look after my bike properly and on my own without having to rely on others telling me / showing & doing it for me

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
Agreed, this is my preferred paper manual for when I need it next to the bike, although I have downloaded web pages or PDFs from somewhere and displayed them on a laptop. It's a bit tricky using these with greasy hands, though.

fossala

Guru
I just read something and then go do it. It's not like any part of bike maintenance has many steps to remember. I use youtube and parks website.

alicat

Legendary Member
+1 for the Zinn books topped up by PDFs on a laptop showing specific component models. The illustrations in Zinn work much better than photos would, imho, and the writing style inspires confidence.

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

Thanks for all the comments and advice, YouTube videos don't work for me, I need things to read, everyone learns differently, I'll give the Zinn books a Google and wonder round waterstones

J1780

The big blue book of bicycle repair is another. Its a very good manual although packed with 'advise' on the correct PARK tool to use for this job and that job. I'd also second the zinn books.....excellent. Personally I prefer the zinn book but the big blue book has its good points. I use a combination of the two.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Worth getting the most recent edition of Haynes - £11ish from Amazon, as the book is updated. Big Blue Book good, but check updates online. Zinn very good, but again get the most recent edition - esp if your bike is recent model.

Top Bottom