Major breadwinner?

Who is the major breadwinner in your household?

• Male

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Female

• Neither, I am the only earner

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just a thought in these days of supposed equality of the sexes, which gender is the major earner in your partnership?
My wife earns roughly twice what I do but I can live with that.

Carwash

Señor Member
Soo... if I'm the only earner, I'm neither male nor female?! Strikes me that two options would have been sufficient.

Tis me in my house. I earn roughly double what my other half does.
Lots of people in my line of work (both male and female) have partners who are loaded and they just work for pin money. I'm sure they don't feel the pressure nearly as much. How the other half lives, eh?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Mrs Dr Bollo works all the hours so I can fritter it away on various bike nonsense. Yeah her!

GrahamG

Guru
My other half earns more, with potential for it to be nearly double. I'm used to it though, my mom was the major bread-winner at home as soon as she went back to full time work (when I was about 8).

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Carwash said:
Soo... if I'm the only earner, I'm neither male nor female?! Strikes me that two options would have been sufficient.

I take your point but you know what I mean!

So far the women are well ahead.

Pottsy

Well on average you'd assume there are more households with male breadwinners, but then, on average, you'd assume the breadwinner is more likely to be too busy to post on a cycling forum during the day. :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
We have a very equal relationship in my house. I earn everything. My wife spends it.

We would happily reverse the scenario, but life isn't like that.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Since there's only me, it's me !!

My ex spends a big chunk of it (child maintenance), my daughter spends some more of it when she stays every weekend, and what little's left pays the bills, mortgage and little extras for the bike !

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Kirstie said:
Lots of people in my line of work (both male and female) have partners who are loaded and they just work for pin money. I'm sure they don't feel the pressure nearly as much. How the other half lives, eh?
I used to be in that position... I was Head of Dept, and the only bloke. Most of the women there had rather well off husbands, and were working because they could (either no kids, or kids at school, or kids grown up and left home...) While they discussed their summer hols to whatever glamorous place, I used to keep quiet about my camping trip with wife and kids to my sister-in-law's back garden :biggrin:
Then we all got made redundant :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom