Major upgrade for 2010 - Early heads-up!!

Shaun

Founder
I just wanted to let you all know that the forums are going to be given a major upgrade in the coming months.

You'll all get the chance to preview the changes before we upgrade so you know what to expect, and I'll keep you all well informed as to when the changes are going to happen.

Why tell you now? Why not!!! :becool:

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads-up. This is refreshing compared to the mushroom management we have at work.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
The major upgrade has been put on hold for the moment.

I've had a master plan I've been working on for the past 8 months, and a big part of the future of CC was based on upgrading the forum software to the latest version so that I could expand the site beyond the forums, and at the same time offer everyone more "community" style features.

Unfortunately the development of the forum software hasn't gone as well as I'd hoped. The new version seems to have a lot of bugs, goes slower than the current version, and as it is still being developed the layout is constantly being reviewed and changed.

I'm sure in time it will become a fast, neat, and stable product. Right now though I wouldn't be comfortable installing it here.

There is an alternative product that I will be keeping an eye on over the next 12 months to see how it develops, but for now I've decided to stick with what we've got.

I'm going to see if there are any interesting extras we could install to add more functionality, and will make announcements as and when I add anything.

Just keeping you all up to speed ... ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :angry:

Top Bottom