making shapes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
set off home today in bright sunshine and the sun right behind me at some sort of critical angle that threw my shadow in front of me

and frankly made me look like a cycling god, really sharp shadow that made me look tall and slim and sleek and very dynamic and powerful on the hoods, I really did rather fancy myself, sadly the right hand turn into Camden ended the romance but it was lovely while it lasted

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

Maz

Guru
I reckon it was the shadow of the fella who was drafting you. When you turned right, he went straight on...

davidtq

I remember a moment of truth with shadows... First flat my wife and I lived in after we got married, we had these white canvas type curtains and our low level bed ran across a window with a low window sill which was at the side of the house, the house was at the end of the road with a triangular garden to the side which ran to a point where three roads met. I took us a couple of months to realise that placing candles by the side of the bed over an evening was casting interesting shadows on the curtains, it took about 40 seconds longer to realise those shadows can be seen from outside...

My wife hurredly dressed and went out and checked, and yep we had been broadcasting a x rated shadow puppet show in view of three roads for months, no wonder the neighbours smiled at us funny :tongue:

Im not THAT much of an exhibitionist. I prefer the cycle god illusion :sad:

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
Maz said:
I reckon it was the shadow of the fella who was drafting you. When you turned right, he went straight on...

that's not true, it was me

straight on would have seen him through the front window of the ice cream shop anyway

and I'm a proper old fashioned man, not my fault if I'm tall, well proportioned and look bloody good in cycle gear is it

tsk

yenrod

Tynan, do you shave your legs too - if you do say it quietly otherwise you'll excite Absinthe...

handsome joe

Do you cream up in the mornings before slidding that tight lycra over you hairless body? :biggrin:

Thats the reason for the haircut......aerodynamics!

I hope you're not riding around with a West Ham kit on?

Please!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ah yes, I love how sun like that makes my thigh muscles look. I'm about as much of a tart as Tynan is, LOL! In fact probably much worse, nearly all skaters are major showoffs.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
it happened again yesterday on Camden Road, so there

no I don't shave my legs, heaven forbid, smacks of ladyboys and transvestites to me

West Ham kit is strictly for match day, never wear it otherwise, and even then only a very old skool retro shirt

helmet cam fairly soon so I can then supply real colour moving pictures of the umm ... shadow

a tab of cream on the contact point most days, prevention and all that

I'm doing the FNRTTC to sarfend tonight (if I'm still awake in time to set off to the start point), with 40 miles on the clock before I even start, I think that calls for the proper assos cream, bought for a nasty lump that got better before the special cream arrived

7 hours allowed for 50 miles, I think it's going to be a leisurely one

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Tynan said:
I'm doing the FNRTTC to sarfend tonight (if I'm still awake in time to set off to the start point), with 40 miles on the clock before I even start, I think that calls for the proper assos cream, bought for a nasty lump that got better before the special cream arrived

7 hours allowed for 50 miles, I think it's going to be a leisurely one

umm enjoy the 17 mph east north east wind this evening :ohmy:

BTW you still up for the dun run this year ?

Top Bottom