Mallorca 312 - 25th April 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
That'll be superb. Who are you booking through or are you self-arranged?

It is quite early in the year for such a distance - you clearly like a training challenge.

There's a cracking 200km Audax out of Biggar on 28th March which might be a nice ride to factor into your training -
More Passes than Mastermind.

That'll be superb. Who are you booking through or are you self-arranged?

It is quite early in the year for such a distance - you clearly like a training challenge.

There's a cracking 200km Audax out of Biggar on 28th March which might be a nice ride to factor into your training -
More Passes than Mastermind.

I'm doing it through Sunvelo. There are 6 of us going with another couple of possibles.
That audax looks a cracker, l think I'll pencil it in to my training schedule

tramuntanacycling

It is an amazing day. Long sure, but well organised and scenic, oh so very scenic. Excellent surfaces (and closed roads at the start and through Palma) ensure you can keep your average speed up.

We did it last year. Going through the mountains is tough, then realising there is another 200 odd km to go focuses the mind! Good luck, hope you manage to get enough training in so your head is up and observing rather than down and missing out :-)

Enjoy!

Mello

I am thinking of doing this in 2016. Normally go with the club to Majorca in April each year. Was in Alcudia at the finish line of the 312 on the last day of this years holiday and thought I would look into giving it a go next year. Its on the 30th April in 2016. We normally base ourselves in Porta Pollensa so I would have rode most of the routes and climbs towards that side of the island. Any advice Arranandy?

goody

Veteran
Get your entry in early! it goes up in price nearer the event and then fills up. Seems good value compared to UK sportives, free jersey and gilet, good feed stations, Police controlling junctions giving priority to riders,

Mello

Anybody know how much the entry was last year?

I am thinking of doing this in 2016. Normally go with the club to Majorca in April each year. Was in Alcudia at the finish line of the 312 on the last day of this years holiday and thought I would look into giving it a go next year. Its on the 30th April in 2016. We normally base ourselves in Porta Pollensa so I would have rode most of the routes and climbs towards that side of the island. Any advice Arranandy?
Enjoy the experience. Take in the day, the views, the roads, the camaraderie, the massive sense of achievement on completing it. It was an epic day and I actually found it harder mentally than physically. I'm already thinking of doing it again next year

adyc

Just got back from a week in Pollenca, had 3 rides out on a hired bike and all I can say is...:ohmy::tongue::rolleyes:^_^:sun::cycle: What a place to ride.
I looked at this event earlier in the year and now having rode out there it is certainly one I would love to do in the future.

Just got back from a week in Pollenca, had 3 rides out on a hired bike and all I can say is...:ohmy::tongue::rolleyes:^_^:sun::cycle: What a place to ride.
I looked at this event earlier in the year and now having rode out there it is certainly one I would love to do in the future.

Apologies for bumping an old thread but who did you hire your bikes with and how much did they cost?

Top Bottom