man bites dog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinywheels

Über Member
I haven't been chased by a dog for years. Have our four legged friends given up?
I used to enjoy the challenge of shaking the occasional mutt off my tail.
Are they still at it?

Tribansman

Veteran
They're too busy dogging nowadays

Big John

Guru
Agreed. I've not been attacked or even chased recently. The last time I had to fend off a dog was a little Jack Russell who sank his teeth into my ankle as I tried to outrun it. With each revolution of the pedal he was lifted off the ground and only decided to give up when its owner shouted after him. He was 'only playing' apparently.

Drago

Legendary Member
Punched a dog once in the side of the head. It was attacking me at the time, so I hope I can be forgiven. Im so laid back I'm practically horizontal, and it was one of the few times ive ever let rip at anyone (the dogs owner).

A frame pump full of sand makes an excellent club for canine deterrence purposes.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
One of my favourite movies
download.jpeg

Chief Broom

Veteran
I did have a dog go for me a couple of weeks ago...walking along Brora beach minding my own business this black lab came haring over in full on attack mode....WTF! The damn thing looked crazed and i did wonder later whether it was suffering from some kind of dementia, anyhow i side stepped its attempt at biting me and gave it a hard kick in the ribs at which point it ****** off. The owner said and bad owners all say this "its never done that before"....

T4tomo

Guru
I did have a dog go for me a couple of weeks ago...walking along Brora beach minding my own business this black lab came haring over in full on attack mode....WTF! The damn thing looked crazed and i did wonder later whether it was suffering from some kind of dementia, anyhow i side stepped its attempt at biting me and gave it a hard kick in the ribs at which point it ****** off. The owner said and bad owners all say this "its never done that before"....
do you look like a pheasant?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I haven't been attacked in ages but a halfwit neighbour of mine has a Jack Russell that yaps incessantly, all day, every day, and I swear that thing would savage me or anyone else if it ever got the chance.
I was walking up the street last year, just passing halfwit house, when I bumped into a friend and we started talking on the street. This caused the yapping from within the halfwit house to intensify and the daft animal started throwing itself at the inside of the front door. Eventually the halfwit owner comes out and asks if we can move on because our talking on the street is winding her halfwit dog up.
I did suggest that a trained, well adjusted dog really shouldn't be getting so highly strung at the simple prospect of humans talking in a public place well away from her door, and maybe she should sort out some training. She replied that he was only looking after her. Halfwit.

It'll yap at anything though. Cars passing, people passing, clouds passing, anything.

Top Bottom